PDA

View Full Version : Neatv-mx

MXMINIQUADDAD
12-29-2003, 09:58 PM
I saw this on the other forum and thought some guys racing NEATV-MX might want to read it also! as copied from there post.

Avoid Cycle Pros Salvage in Ma!!! They are thieves!!!

Forum Index -> New England ATV Motocross Club
View previous topic :: View next topic
AlaskaTRX

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:55 pm Post subject: Avoid Cycle Pros Salvage in Ma!!! They are thieves!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems to be an appropriate place to post this, since I am sure most of the people in this forum may come across these guys...

Just thought I would pass along a very unfavorable experience that I had with these clowns this last spring. I was looking for a spare Raptor engine to build up in case my '01 engine went out, and these guys claimed to have a "MINT" Raptor engine out of an '01. Mint is defined as "as new condition" so I bought it for $1550 including shipping. A week later it showed up in a crappy cardboard box with foam pellets and it was wrapped in towels. Imagine my horror when I unwrapped this mess to find a very used Raptor mill that had corrosion on the cylinder and head, along with rust on the bolts and starter motor. Needless to say I was PISSED.

So I called up Cycle Pros (which is in Massachusetts, by the way) to find out what the hell was up. Before I called, I e-mailed back and forth a couple times with the owner, which got me no where. I wanted a full refund. They said they would charge 20% restocking. Then they said that they would give me a whole $100 back. What a crock of $hit!!! This engine was worth maybe $700, assuming it ran, and they didn't want to negotiate. Also, when I was on the phone with the owner,he hung up on me. I tried to call back a couple times, but no one answered. Seems that my phone number was on the *ignore* list now.

What else could I do except file with the BBB in Mass and contact a lawyer. The BBB said that Cycle Pros never replied and the Mass attorneys office had no power. So there I sat in Virginia SOL. I come to find out that Cycle Pros now have about 3 other complaints with the BBB against them (big surprise), and they haven't dealt with those, either. Regardless, I sold the very used Raptor mill for a loss, and I was open and honest with the buyer and even had digital pics for him. I even built him a crate when I shipped it off.

Moral of the story is don't be so trusting. I took the owner of Cycle Pros Salvage for his word (guys name is "Tom", BTW). So avoid the crooks and stay away from these guys. They are dishonest and will screw you if given the chance, I believe.

Just thought I would save some potential headaches for fellow ATV riders out there... :disgust;

theTman
12-30-2003, 08:20 AM
been posted

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 03:45 PM
i dont buy my stuff from there............dont really liek them.

i buy my stuff from herrmann racing.....or K&K atv thats it