PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a motor questions.

K_Fulk
12-29-2003, 08:00 PM
I sold my motor on ebay and got a plastic container to ship it in. I have the lid zip tied don good. And some packing tape around it. I put the motor in a garbage bad and I m using a some expandable foam, news paper and some old towells for packing.

I then read profabatvs webpage for shipping motors since I havent read it in a long time. And it said to use rubbermaid containers and to stay away from sterilite containers beacuse he said they brake.
And I was gonna put down $2000 doolars worth of insurance on it.

I'm gues i'm just asking if it will be ok, and what everyone else used when they shipped a motor.

Pappy
12-29-2003, 08:01 PM
yeah the rubbermaid work great. the other type has a better chance of cracking and if ups see's a crack they will return the engine or hold it ...especially if any fluid leaks at all.

416exmx
12-29-2003, 08:40 PM
the first engine i shipped i built a small crate and it took forever. second motor i used the rubbermaid container also and it was quick and easy..

K_Fulk
12-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Do you think the one I have would be ok if i wraped it with some shrinkwrap good. I think the one I have would be fine unless they push it off a dock or something.

K_Fulk
12-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Problem solved, went and looked and found a rubbermaid container in the basement. The sticker said it was brake resistant down to 0 degrees F. Now I feel a little more comfortable shipping it. Thanks for your help guys.