PDA

View Full Version : Oregon in March

RabidPitWeasle
12-29-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm heading out to Oregon in the middel of March to visit my dad in Bandon. Where is the best place around there to get into the sand, I've been there before but never brought my Banshee with, this time shee's a comin with on the trip. You locals let me know and mabey I'll see you there..thanks:macho

JOEX
12-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Head north just past Coos Bay, you can get to the sand at Horesfall or Winchester Bay and I think a couple of places inbetween. You can also head a bit farther north to Florence.

Are you camping or will it be a day trip?

Joe

RabidPitWeasle
12-29-2003, 09:11 PM
I'll be staying in Bandon for about a week, no camping even though it's tempting. I'll be riding a couple of days in a few diffrent spots.

JOEX
12-29-2003, 09:20 PM
If you're just going for day trips i'd avoid the Horsefall day use area. It's a long whooped out sand road to the dunes.

The main access points that I know of from south to north are Horsefall, Hauser, Spinreel then Winchester Bay. I think there might be a couple more and the only ones i've been to are Horsefall and Winchester.

Florence is about 20-30 minutes north of Winchester.

Joe

JOEX
12-29-2003, 09:24 PM
There is some info here....
http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/odnraarea.html

Narly R
12-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Man Joe the big whoop trails gettin out to teh dunes at horsefalls is all the fun!:D If you go to Horsefalls, Houser, or Spinreel (they are all along a 11 mile stretch of dunes) you can get to the same area. I like taht better than winchester, but you have time to check it out. What days are you going to be there? I wouldnt mind drivin over for a day or sumthin...:)

JOEX
12-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Man Joe the big whoop trails gettin out to teh dunes at horsefalls is all the fun!:D .....
Wait till you get my age!:blah: :D

DESDAK4
12-30-2003, 06:21 AM
Man RabidPitWeasle you suck, I wish I could go with on that trip. But I have to wait for the St. Anthony's trip in June, your still going on that one too right? It does look like I am heading to Oregon at the end of July, maybe even in time for DuneFest:D .

So what you doing for New Years Eve?

Jay
USAF
AMMO

RabidPitWeasle
12-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks Joe that site was helpful-
Heck! Desdak I wish I was heading out there in July that would be awsome, yep I'll be in Idaho with all you guys we'll have to go over the game plan on of thease days. I just stuck in those V-Force reeds yesterday can't wait to try them. Shoot me an e-mail let me know what you guys are doing for Newyears, I don't have any plans just yet.:blah:

DESDAK4
12-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah, we need to figure out the trip so we can get some reservations made. I will email you tonight but I think we might be at the Dip newyears, you should come.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Narly R
12-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey man tell me if you guys come over for new years. I think I will be at Horsefalls. ;) Red and Black 250r #47. Prolly look for me upside down somewhere...:D :rolleyes:

RabidPitWeasle
12-30-2003, 01:21 PM
That would be cool do be at the dunes at Newyears, I'd ride a wheelie down the beach at midnight with a roadflare attached to the whip:devil:

DESDAK4
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
I will not be in Oregon over the newyear but I will look you up if I make it home in July. Do you ever go to Dune Fest?

Jay
USAF
AMMO

OldQuadDad
12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey guys. This is Narly R's dad. i will be at the dunes whenever he is probably. I will be there this thursday.

JOEX
12-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by OldQuadDad
Hey guys. This is Narly R's dad. i will be at the dunes whenever he is probably. I will be there this thursday.
HI! Pops!:D

Joe

ThorChick
12-31-2003, 01:56 AM
Dunefest was awesome before they started adding all the fees and crap. I haven't been to Dunefest the last 2 years because the price of camping and even just riding for the weekend is way more than I want to pay when I can go to Florence instead. If you have the extra cash to spend you should go though.

Baley69
01-01-2004, 02:16 AM
MMMM spinreel :D

twisted threads
01-01-2004, 02:19 AM
I agree with Thorchick about sandfest! Its a waste of my hard earned money but if you like to pay lots of money to camp and ride then go for it. I have reservations for one of the last weekends in July but Im not sure which one it is, my dune trip dates are in the truck and im to lazy right now to go and look:o :D

airheadedduner
01-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Man Joe the big whoop trails gettin out to teh dunes at horsefalls is all the fun!
Hell yeah, wfo the whole way:D

For day use I would hit up winchester bay. Some nice hills. For jumping I like florence. You can hit the day use at horsefalls, or a little north of there is goose pasture and, um, the day use at showoff hill. Can't remember its name:confused: Spinreel has some crazy jumps too.

HondaMan222
01-04-2004, 10:31 PM
go to florence or winchester bay its better riding in my opinon!!

HondaMan222
01-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Dunefest was awesome before they started adding all the fees and crap. I haven't been to Dunefest the last 2 years because the price of camping and even just riding for the weekend is way more than I want to pay when I can go to Florence instead. If you have the extra cash to spend you should go though.

that is very true, its was SOOO exspencive for ANYTHING!! where were you camped at?? we were in the sencond lot