PDA

View Full Version : Hand guards

CHAR250R
02-19-2002, 08:07 AM
What brand of hand guards are you guys using? Stock brake perch & lever. Cr 250 clutch perch & lever. What will fit?

cbrown400ex
02-19-2002, 08:46 AM
I use maier woods pro with the plastic cover. They are very sturdy, but are a pain in the ***** to put on. I have renthal handle bars and you have to do some bending and use some serious elbow grease to get the on. I have seen the regular plastic maier's and don't care for them. They are not very sturdy and seem to be weak. The woods pro ar definitely not weak. But they will run you about $60. Hope this helps. CJ

02-19-2002, 12:32 PM
I use to have the moose handguards on mine and they worked pretty well for deflecting tree limbs and roost. I had to take them off when I put on my WorksConnection Pro Perch and Lever... and well worth it. I'll probably pick up some new handguards but definitely cant beat the WC gear.... kinda spendy but you'll see what I mean once you use it.

JB's 400ex
02-19-2002, 01:05 PM
I have the Woods Pro Aluminum handguards. I don't have the plastic handguard addons though. They are on stock handlebars and levers. They do alright deflecting branches and limbs. I will second that they are a pain in the *** to get on. With all the torque I broke one of the stock bolts that go into the handlebar. If you are wanting to deflect mud I would definately get the plastic addons but durability wise I would think they are much more durable than anything plastic.

02-19-2002, 01:13 PM
I use the acerbis pro rally brush guards,,easy to install and fit good,,but I did have to cut about an inch off my front brake lever,,but I like the feel of the lever more since I've cut part of it off..here's a pic...

cbrown400ex
02-19-2002, 01:19 PM
I also had to cut my stock brake lever. Not that big of a deal though. I have a msr raptor clutch lever(shorty) and perch and it fits fine. CJ

Tommy 17
02-19-2002, 02:26 PM
i got acerbis rally pros and i like them alot they hare like ricos but have a metal strip running through the plastic so its impossible to break...

Jbelknap21
02-19-2002, 02:29 PM
i have the regular maier handguards, and my levers are both cut short, just because i like the feel better when they are short, my handguards work great for what i do, fast trail riding, play racing, just screwin around and stuff. i know its a kinda crappy pic but ill show ya anyways so you can see them.

Jbelknap21
02-19-2002, 02:31 PM
heres the pic, i hope it works

CHAR250R
02-19-2002, 03:30 PM
I want a set to protect my hands from the cold when I'm riding in the cold weather. Those Maier ones look good. Does UFO make a set? I've seen the Moose ones too.

kc 300EX
02-19-2002, 04:04 PM
I suggest the Acerbids, wich ever u want, plain plastic or with the aluminum, and for the cold get thsoe add on "spoilers" or whatever they call, basically make the hand guard bigger, block wind and such, check it out

Pro400EXC
02-19-2002, 06:16 PM
If it was me,I would get the best there is. I would get the Cycra ProBends($80) and plastic Shields. They are sweet though.Here's link to the site.

http://www.cycra.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.100.exe/cgi-bin/pdbsearch3.pl?U+scstore+zozf4432+zozf4432&addtocart_page=/scstore/scpages/showcart.html&results_page=/cycra_results.html&whole_word=yes&logic=and&SoftCartCategory=Cycra%20Alloy%20Handguards%20and% 20Shields

copy and paste that!

DEAL
02-21-2002, 02:47 PM
My friend has rally pro 2 handguards on his 400ex and they are by far the sweetest handguards i have ever seen.

phatswinn
02-21-2002, 03:01 PM
ive got the 20 reg maeir ones and i lovem, the protect from rocks branches and the cold, the dont look bad and they leave room for the levers and ur hands also they are molded to protect the brake flued resevrior and the clutch lever bracket. i love em and i think ther all ya need

just my 2 cents

400exdad
02-22-2002, 08:33 PM
I like UFO's. I had them on my 300 and now on my 400. They are tough plastic, that can flex or spin, so that when you go over the bars, they may give and not hurt your wrist. Tree tough though. They fit around everything, no cutting or trimming.