PDA

View Full Version : axle nut?????

Warrioreater400ex
12-28-2003, 10:00 PM
im replacing the axle bearings in my 400 because they shredded to pieces, but i cant figure out how to get the axle nut off? it will turn about half a turn and then stop, so i thought it was reverse threaded, so i went back, once again, half a turn, so i turn it to the middle (1/4 turn) and tried to screw the ring on the inside of it a little, but no luck, so i am clueless? how do i do this? i feel stupid but for the life of me i cant figure it out!

K_Fulk
12-28-2003, 10:13 PM
http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/Departments/SportZone/The-Unseen-Modification.cfm?cs_LoginTime=214634

Got this from rico's post in the FAQ section.

Warrioreater400ex
12-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks!!

12-28-2003, 11:11 PM
i had the same problem when i did this strenuous task of changing out my bearings...anyway, what you need to do is tighten both down all the way towards your carrier...then you will have room to move it a loittle so you can get to the c-clip & pop that off....after that you can probably figure it out. ;) the good thing about changing your bearings or bearing carrier is that once you are finished with the task you will know the rear end of your atv very well :p