PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harnes..

Ralph
12-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Hey, i dont run lights anymore and im going to use a dirtbike killswitch as a starter and a tether killswith as a killswitch. I took off my wiring harness today and i vut off some of the wires i wont need anymore and i was wondering if there are anymore wires that u need besides the 2 wires for the killswitch, 2 wires for the starter and the 2 wires u connect so u can still start it in gear. i cut one brown one out wich i believe is the positive for the lights and then i cut all the wires out for the light switches.. let me know if i F-ed up...

2004TRX450R
12-29-2003, 01:42 AM
I think that brown wire is probably for the ignition. I'd have to look at the wireing diagram for it though. I had thought about makeing a wire harness for my cousin's 400 that he races when he was asking me about delteing the battery and electric start system. He never ended up going through with it though. I hadn't really thought about it before but how many of you would be interested in a wire harness that has all the unnessasary wires cut out of it to save weight?

JOEX
12-29-2003, 01:49 AM
I think the weight savings will be minimal but definately postive. The greater advantage might be a lesser chance of electrical failure during a race if the 'new' wiring is designed properly.

Joe