View Full Version : Clutches won't pull

suck my pipe
12-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Well I got new clutches for christmas just the friction and spacerplates, I got the heavy duty springs to go with it too wile I have it al apart. Any way me and my dad put all the new plates in following the directions and putting them in the same way we took them out. The problum is in the service honda book there are no torque specifications so we just put them in snug put the case back on and the clutch wont do hack squat so we thought maybe there too loose so we took it apart and my dad put it in like three turns tighter and on of the bolts that holds the clutch springs in snaped right in half, we got it out but I really need to get this togeather tonight and we have no idea how tight those springs are supposed to be or if thats even are proublum. PLEASE respond if you know any thing about this we might have over looked something so post any thing you can think of that might be wrong.

Colby@C&DRacing
12-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Just snug is plenty tight on the bolts. I would check to make sure the clutch actuation arm in the right side case is grabbing the clutch actuator pin that come out of the center of the pressure plate.

suck my pipe
12-28-2003, 02:11 PM
I think I got it fixed now but I wont know for shure untill later tonight so ill let you guys know if it dont work.

Thnks for the reply

nacs400ex
12-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Just snug is plenty tight on the bolts. I would check to make sure the clutch actuation arm in the right side case is grabbing the clutch actuator pin that come out of the center of the pressure plate.

Yup, I made that mistake. Then I realized it wasnt grabbing. That's probably what it is.

AtvMxRider
12-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Just snug the bolts. The springs keep tension on the bolts to keep them tight.