PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to fix a bent handlebar?

K2Snow
12-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Subject says it all. I tried to wheelie up a dune today and looped the quad, my handlebar is bent just a little bit. Not enough to really affect my riding, but enough to be kind of annoying. What's the easiest way to bend it back in place? It is just bent downwards a little bit and I need to bring it back up. Thanks for any help.

Brad
12-27-2003, 07:58 PM
hammer?

Bob-Hobo
12-27-2003, 08:26 PM
stock bars are pretty weak, you might just be able to pull them back up with ur hands. Once theyre bent they arent too strong

ReconRider25
12-27-2003, 09:37 PM
just replace them. dont want them breaking on you when out riding do you?

Sportrax10
12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Renthals look better... :macho :cool:

4TraxRider
12-27-2003, 10:34 PM
I bent my stock ones, and bent them by pulling up, and the broke when I hit a jump later that day, and then I bent my sub-frame. Get new bars, they're worth it in teh end.

remlapr
12-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Go to autozone or pep boys and get a 3ft section of 2 inch tail pipe, stick one end all the way on the grip and lift/pull/twist the other end.

hondafox440
12-28-2003, 12:41 AM
You don't fix them. You replace them.

If you bend handlebars back they become extremely weak. I saw a guy at a race snap a set of bars that he had "fixed" when he was powersliding a turn in 4th pinned. Not a happy ending - he was carted away in the ambo.

12-28-2003, 12:50 AM
16 dollars you can have brand new moose bars, variety of bends and colors, replace them!

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Ill post you a pic of our Bars on the Predator for a cool 21.00 threw RMATV!!!:eek2: They are good quality aluminum(same as Renthals) for a fraction of the cost and they look awesome!!!!! They are the T-4

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 10:07 AM
here ya go..........:D http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=881338

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 10:09 AM
hmmmmm that was weird///////:confused:

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
You don't fix them. You replace them.

If you bend handlebars back they become extremely weak. I saw a guy at a race snap a set of bars that he had "fixed" when he was powersliding a turn in 4th pinned. Not a happy ending - he was carted away in the ambo. he speaks the truth., dont keep them:eek2:

flyin#5
12-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
hmmmmm that was weird///////:confused:

yep i have them too. t6 aluminum and only 22$.

K2Snow
12-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Where can I find these 22 dollar handlebars? I do a lot of jumping and I am prone to rolling the quad when trying crazy things out at the dunes. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I don't want something too weak. Just a decent set that will last me longer than the stock bars. How hard is it to install new bars on a 300EX? I'm looking for the cheapest alternative without sacrificing a lot of quality. Thanks for all the input.

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
yep i have them too. t6 aluminum and only 22$. ooopsie:o I put they are T-4 I meant T-7 hehehe:D K2snow!~~~ Get them at Rocky Mountain Atv ( RMATV;)

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Where can I find these 22 dollar handlebars? I do a lot of jumping and I am prone to rolling the quad when trying crazy things out at the dunes. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I don't want something too weak. Just a decent set that will last me longer than the stock bars. How hard is it to install new bars on a 300EX? I'm looking for the cheapest alternative without sacrificing a lot of quality. Thanks for all the input. call them and they can give you the inof you need on them, I never had them when I had my 300ex

hondafox440
12-28-2003, 01:14 PM
http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Replacing bars is really easy. Just removing the four bolts that hold the bars on and loosening the brake/clutch/throttle perches and sliding them off, then sliding them back onto the new bars. Go ahead and order a new set of grips when you order the bars, because it is much easier to cut the old ones off with a razor blade instead of trying to get them off intact to reuse them.

CHAUNCY
12-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
http://www.rockymountainatv.com

Replacing bars is really easy. Just removing the four bolts that hold the bars on and loosening the brake/clutch/throttle perches and sliding them off, then sliding them back onto the new bars. Go ahead and order a new set of grips when you order the bars, because it is much easier to cut the old ones off with a razor blade instead of trying to get them off intact to reuse them.

I just use an air compressor to get grips off the handle bars. I stick the nozze inside the grip the just blow it off. Comes off fine and you can reuse them if you would like to.

K2Snow
12-28-2003, 05:16 PM
ah ok, wow only 22 bucks? i was thinking i was gonna have to spend a lot more, awesome. thanks QJ and flyin. chauncy, i'll try the air compressor idea. anyone have suggestions on atv grips?

sly400ex
12-28-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
ah ok, wow only 22 bucks? i was thinking i was gonna have to spend a lot more, awesome. thanks QJ and flyin. chauncy, i'll try the air compressor idea. anyone have suggestions on atv grips?
Get that rubber grip cement, it will save you a headache down the road!;)

hessianmx111
12-28-2003, 07:20 PM
go ahead and spend some money and get some renthals ive had them on my kx for nearly 2 years and have had countless wrecks and they havent bent the slightest, i just put renthal fatbars on my 250f and they are even better but if you have to have bars and quick and dont have cash just buy some of those 20 buck ones they could be just as good for all i know but i know that renthals have been a great bar for me.

416mx
12-28-2003, 07:42 PM
I had a buddy that broke his bars in half,
When his broke he flew off like superman.
Don't take a chance buy new ones.:eek: :eek: :eek: