PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Eton Viper Jr?

powrtrippin
12-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Bought my son an Eton Viper Jr 50 for X-mas. He's like a natural but I have the thumb throttle adjustment all the way out and its still way too slow (I can run faster than it goes). I read on another board that you can cut a green wire that comes out of the CDI (for the speed limiter) but I have no green wires. Anyone know how I can make this thing go faster?

YamaWarr0121
12-27-2003, 05:10 PM
i think quadjunkies has one of them Vipers:confused:

12-27-2003, 07:00 PM
some guy swore by these things ealier this year but he disappeared...i'd talk to whoever you bought it from b4 you start cutting wires, ;)

QuadJunkies
12-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by powrtrippin
Bought my son an Eton Viper Jr 50 for X-mas. He's like a natural but I have the thumb throttle adjustment all the way out and its still way too slow (I can run faster than it goes). I read on another board that you can cut a green wire that comes out of the CDI (for the speed limiter) but I have no green wires. Anyone know how I can make this thing go faster? Is this what you have?????If so. Yes you can get a little more out of it. Ill post a pic for you........:) Tina

QuadJunkies
12-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Hope this helps a little .......this is looking direcly in front of the mini with the front hood off, the green wire to the right,loops back to same Box and that is your thoddle restrictor...This should help him some.... Soemtimes they have a brass ring at the bottom of slide in tha Carb and sometimes they have a restricotr plug in the headpipe...........Tina

QuadJunkies
12-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Also, Talk to Hetricks racing(Rich) they have alot of hop ups for the minis.....:)

zzbudzz
12-28-2003, 05:28 AM
i have a eton viper 50 for my daughter. i had the same problem with it being too slow . until , i cut the green wire (the wire comes out and right back in the cdi). go ahead and cut it ,then see if you can run faster than the the little 50. the only problem i have with it is it's hard to start after it has sat a few weeks.:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
12-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
i have a eton viper 50 for my daughter. i had the same problem with it being too slow . until , i cut the green wire (the wire comes out and right back in the cdi). go ahead and cut it ,then see if you can run faster than the the little 50. the only problem i have with it is it's hard to start after it has sat a few weeks.:rolleyes:

She has got to ride it more Buddy:D

powrtrippin
12-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Is this what you have?????If so. Yes you can get a little more out of it. Ill post a pic for you........:) Tina

That is exactly what I have.. And looking at the pic is exactly what I see in the front of the viper minus the green wire. I dont see that thing anywhere. I'll look again but I was in there for about 1 hour last night looking for that thing.

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 09:23 AM
That is exactly what I have.. And looking at the pic is exactly what I see in the front of the viper minus the green wire. I dont see that thing anywhere. I'll look again but I was in there for about 1 hour last night looking for that thing. Can you please email me a pic of your Quad?? You called it a "Junior" Im just wondering if you have a smaller version of the 50 than we have,and what year is it? Email me a tntkuna@msn.com

powrtrippin
12-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Can you please email me a pic of your Quad?? You called it a "Junior" Im just wondering if you have a smaller version of the 50 than we have,and what year is it? Email me a tntkuna@msn.com

You're right... It isn't a JR. (I'm an idiot). You were also right about the green wire. I just had to look harder. It was inside the rubber sleeve that goes around the CDI (Still an idiot). Cut that bad boy and it performs much better. He (my son) took to it like it was nothing!!

I appreciate all the help you guys gave. I guess I should've looked harder the first time. My wife tells me that all the time.

Thanks again!!!!

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 11:39 PM
You're right... It isn't a JR. (I'm an idiot). You were also right about the green wire. I just had to look harder. It was inside the rubber sleeve that goes around the CDI (Still an idiot). Cut that bad boy and it performs much better. He (my son) took to it like it was nothing!!

I appreciate all the help you guys gave. I guess I should've looked harder the first time. My wife tells me that all the time.

Thanks again!!!! your not an idiot! Its a new quad, and its all about learning...right????;) Thats what this site if for......:) Now go and get some pics of him riding and post them!!!:macho Tina .......