PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Throttle Help..

Atreyu
12-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Today I rolled my quad down a small hillclimb and bent the bars. So, I decided to put new bars on and keep riding. I took everything off the old bars (brake assy., clutch, throttle, etc.). After I put everything back on the new bars, I started the quad up and it revs out real high. When I twist the throttle cable it sort of revs down. It only idles when my throttle assembly is up-side down on the bars. Do you think the wire twisted up? It doesen't stick at all, it's a brand new cable. Thanks.

AtvMxRider
12-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Check the way the cable is routed. It hanging up somewhere prolly under the tank.

Pappy
12-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Check the way the cable is routed. It hanging up somewhere prolly under the tank.

yup...id look at the cable

Atreyu
12-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Haha, two replies on exriders...and zero on bluetraxx..:macho Posted at the same time too.

I've been getting really sick of dealing with the throttle on this thing so I didn't really try to fix it today. Just wanted to know the possibilities before I checked it out, thanks jerry and pappy ;)you two are tag-teaming all my threads..:eek:

AtvMxRider
12-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Anytime dude:)

Pappy
12-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Anytime dude:)

jerry...i never want that thought of us tag teaming to enter my head again:( i now need threapy:devil:

AtvMxRider
12-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
jerry...i never want that thought of us tag teaming to enter my head again:( i now need threapy:devil:

LMGDAO:devil:

Atreyu
12-27-2003, 06:25 PM
:devil: you know what I meant..lol