PDA

View Full Version : Long travel or not to long travel that is the question?

C41Xracer
12-27-2003, 01:32 PM
I have a dilema........long travel A-arms or not .What is the difference and is it that noticeable?

C41Xracer
12-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Tese are for my soon to be 450r.I have +2+1 on my 265r and was curious if the long travel were any different.

plate#410
01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
If you race mx, you might wanna lean towards +2 or +3 arms, i dont know if they came out with any yet, but if you want some extra clearance, like if you are gonna race some xc races or just for some occasional trail riding, the long travel might be the way to go. I guess Roll Design already has a set of long travel arms for the 450. My self, i have a pair of +3 lonestar arms for my 400, and i love them, they have enough clearance for trails, and give me all the stability i need for mx. You also might want to look for a decent pair of shocks. I have a cheep pair of works steelers w/resivoirs, but if i get the new 450, i might look at a pair of TCS shocks.

seven
01-04-2004, 03:38 PM
I have a Long travel front end and wouldnt go back! If you have the cash its worth the extra money but if you dont get a good set of shocks to start off with. Its worth it.

http://seven13.home.mindspring.com/id14.html

Andy479
01-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by plate#410
If you race mx, you might wanna lean towards +2 or +3 arms, i dont know if they came out with any yet, but if you want some extra clearance, like if you are gonna race some xc races or just for some occasional trail riding, the long travel might be the way to go. I guess Roll Design already has a set of long travel arms for the 450. My self, i have a pair of +3 lonestar arms for my 400, and i love them, they have enough clearance for trails, and give me all the stability i need for mx. You also might want to look for a decent pair of shocks. I have a cheep pair of works steelers w/resivoirs, but if i get the new 450, i might look at a pair of TCS shocks.

The stock 450r shocks should already be better than TCS...dont waste the $$$

seven
01-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Andy479
The stock 450r shocks should already be better than TCS...dont waste the $$$

Somebody has been geten into dads liquer!:D