View Full Version : as the new year approaches....

Pappy
12-26-2003, 10:53 PM
what are some of the things you like most about the new stuff on exriders.com? i know im digging the race coverage and the new sections that were added.

anything stick out as a big plus or minus?

what would you change if you could?

what would you like to see more of or less of?

stupid driver
12-26-2003, 11:04 PM
WOW, 2004 on its way already.

This site is great. When i joined, i had just bought my quad, and i wasnt very knowledgeable about the world of Atving. Being on here really changed that.

If anything was to change, maybe some kind of way to delete member names that arent on the site anymore. Say the member doesnt post for however long, theres not much of a chance that they are coming back, so the site automatically deletes the user name. There are so many members in the member list that posted once in 2001, and havnt been on here since. Idk if that slows down the server any, having so many members, but it cant hurt anything. If the person ever decides to come back, all theyd have to do is make a new name, no harm done.

Happy New Year

ReconRider25
12-26-2003, 11:27 PM
hmm......its a great site but i think we need some longer videos put up instead of the short clips......and some free stickers possibly?:D lol

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:34 PM
One thing that really sticks out for me (on the site) is having some of the 'pros' of the industry involved here be it racers, builders or manufacturers. It gives kind of a sense that our opinions are being heard and sometimes answered:)

Joe

stupid driver
12-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro racers, forgot about that.

Tim Farrs on a honda now, get his *** on this site now :D

Aceman
12-26-2003, 11:51 PM
I agree with Stupid Driver, I was just thinking that there are too many members listed. I think members that haven't posted in a year or so should be deleted. That way we can cut a few thousand members off the list and keep the cream of the crop.:D

Juggalo
12-27-2003, 12:27 AM
theres a couple things on this site that are new right now that i really can't stand (but i won't get into them to avoid any conflicts of interest). but i'd say for the most part the sites goin pretty good as it is.

bone705
12-27-2003, 12:34 AM
i love how good this site is. ive learned so much from here. if i could change somthing it would be picture posting. but i now that would get out of control.

Guy400
12-27-2003, 06:24 AM
I can't agree with deleting old members 100%. While it does appear to clutter the member's list page some of these people do visit the board but never post. The moderators can see a page listing every member's name that has visited that day. Some of those names are people who have registered here but don't post. If we'd delete them from the database they'd no longer be able to view the attachments (which is probably the reason they joined in the first place).

I'm lovin' the new race coverage--that's really good.:cool:

I don't like the fact that moderators don't get free quads:mad:

My biggest wish for this site, and I know it's coming, is to become a little more tech oriented. I goof around in the Open Forum as much as the next guy but I'd love to see more product reviews and especially a breakdown of the new 450R. I want this site to be the place where people come for any info on 450R repair, maintenance and hop-up's. I'd love to see articles on 450R axle replacement, a-arm upgrade, shock upgrade, internal motor work, etc. Along with these articles I'd want detailed measurements so if people wanted to know the spacing of the a-arm mounts we'd have it. If they wanted to know what size wrench and how many ft-lbs. of torque the head bolts use, we'd have it.

400exmom
12-27-2003, 06:30 AM
i spend way to much time here you guys are like family that i actually like to hang with!! what i like most is all the friends ive made! and next year ill probably be telling stories how i met my husband on this site... details to come later:devil:

Pappy
12-27-2003, 06:35 AM
you cant get hitched up:mad:

i tell my wife everyday that im gonna go riding with a sweet single chic:grr: id hate to have to tell her im seeing a married woman that just wouldnnt be right:macho

u better be sendin me the info on this fella so me and rico can check up on him;)

400exmom
12-27-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
you cant get hitched up:mad:

i tell my wife everyday that im gonna go riding with a sweet single chic:grr: id hate to have to tell her im seeing a married woman that just wouldnnt be right:macho

u better be sendin me the info on this fella so me and rico can check up on him;) mama allwaz saz i wuz speshall:cool:

popo
12-27-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
mama allwaz saz i wuz speshall:cool:

I thought u and monkey boy were dating....

Bad Habit
12-27-2003, 11:16 AM
I agree with Guy and the others about the tech side of the sight. I think it's outstanding that we have as many industry people that we do. Maybe they could trade some indepth information for some ad space on the sight. Maybe a monthly tech article or how-to? A detailed, step-by-step on how to replace bearing carrier, a-arms etc. Possibly a "work bench" forum for these articles, a "racers edge" forum for interviews and tips from some of the pro riders, an "industry insider" forum for the latest news and press releases from the factories and aftermarket companies (although we would need to have contacts to all of these places). I don't know, just kinda thinking out loud here.

I also think it would be cool to have some regional EXRiders rides. I know that the majority of the memebers are back east and every GNCC event is almost turning into an EXRiders get together:D but as this site continues to grow, more and more memebers are coming from all parts of the country. I know that we have memebers that put together informal get togethers now and we will continue to do that, but maybe if there were regional delegates or reps that could organize events or rides? The more organized and thoughtfully represented we are as a group, the more we could be seen as a sounding board to and for the entire industry. Can you imagine a time when a manufacturer invites the magazine people and racers to come see their lastest creations, that they also extend and invitation to an EXRiders representative to get the "average consumers" point of view. Hey, a guy can dream can't he.:cool:

Doibugu2
12-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Yellow has a good idea. but someone has to take the bull by the horn to get it done.

I really like where the site seems to be going. I also like we have a few companies representing. It really adds a lot to the site.

My wish would be to be more informed of where the site is going. I think there are a lot of guys that are here everyday and contribute a lot to the site. But we don't have any clue about what the direction of the site is going.

A monthly or quarterly newsletter to "Patrons" would be awesome.

Taco
12-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
next year ill probably be telling stories how i met my husband on this site... details to come later:devil: Not till I put you on the TV pretty lady:devil:

VIC
12-27-2003, 01:25 PM
For me I really liked the race coverage, the pics and commentary are great. Like others have said having some pros on here. I liked when Mickey Dunlap posted pics of the old days in racing and his stories.

2001400ex
12-27-2003, 01:28 PM
The "Tech Articles" section. A big, big plus. It taught me alot in about fifteen minutes too. Taught me how to change my oil, re-jet my carb, where my jets are, what they do, about offsets of wheels. etc. I think the tech section is a huge help. Good job!:)

riderking
12-27-2003, 01:29 PM
a chatroom added, like the other web sites have

flyin#5
12-27-2003, 02:11 PM
i like that we can joke around on here, and all the info of course.

ive said it before. it would be great to have a navigation thing at the bottom also. not just at the top. when you read a post, you have to go all the way up to click on the navigation thing. just doesnt make sence to me :confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
12-27-2003, 02:11 PM
I like the idea of regional group rides:D
I also have been involved with many other web sites for years now and like the chat room idea. Also hope to be contributing alot of info on the 450r when we get one here, from specs to hop ups and much more.

I believe 04 is going to be a huge year for ATV's

Dave400ex
12-27-2003, 02:20 PM
I like the site a lot. Having many more Pro's, and top guys in the industry here has helped a lot. I agree with Guy. I want to see a lot of info on the 450R.

LTandRaptorider
12-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Taco
Not till I put you on the TV pretty lady:devil:

But when filming without consent, never forget to put black tape over the autofocus IR... of so I've been told... :devil:

you're future ex-husband??!! :D :D Lucky stiff... ;)

VIC
12-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
i like that we can joke around on here, and all the info of course.

ive said it before. it would be great to have a navigation thing at the bottom also. not just at the top. when you read a post, you have to go all the way up to click on the navigation thing. just doesnt make sence to me :confused:
Thats true I hate having to go back to the top of the page to navigate.

Glow Plug
12-27-2003, 03:22 PM
I would alot of the shat cleared up in the freestyle fourm (as we have suggested recently but not got a response) A chat would be pretty cool but other than that site looking pretty good :)

Taco
12-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
But when filming without consent, never forget to put black tape over the autofocus IR... of so I've been told... :devil:

you're future ex-husband??!! :D :D Lucky stiff... ;) Thanks for the tip:D

Pappy
12-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
I would alot of the shat cleared up in the freestyle fourm (as we have suggested recently but not got a response)

its kinda hard to control that section when everyone starts the flamefest and doent just report the post or thread. ill just start locking threads and banning so that yall see some results:p

Glow Plug
12-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
its kinda hard to control that section when everyone starts the flamefest and doent just report the post or thread. ill just start locking threads and banning so that yall see some results:p

alright I'll start reporting threads if that will help and I don't have a problem with locking threads if there useless and I don't have a problem with banning people as long as its not me :o

Atreyu
12-27-2003, 04:29 PM
I think a 'quick reply' feature would be pretty cool..like on bluetraxx. Some longer movies would be nice too-but I guess that's more or less up to the members. I really like the Race Coverage section..nice job Harlen, keep up the good work. :macho

QuadRacer041
12-28-2003, 05:01 AM
i think the site is moving in positive dirctions, all the new things added are great, keep up the good work guys.

i think my favorite new stuff is the race coverage, awsome pics and stories.

AC 400 ex 02
12-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by quad041
i think the site is moving in positive dirctions, all the new things added are great, keep up the good work guys.

i think my favorite new stuff is the race coverage, awsome pics and stories.
i agree, and harlen, the race coverage is awesome, keep up the great work!

400grl
12-28-2003, 09:33 AM
I'd have to say the race/event coverage is a HUGE new added feature!! Talk about exposure!!! Not only will it bring other quad people to the site, but I think it will also draw more Pro racers to the site as well - everyone likes to see their pics, and see pics of their competition....and the picture quality is simply AMAZING!!!! If it was just a bunch of regular pics taken with a regular camera - I don't think it would have the same effect. The pics Harlen is taking are magazine material - I think that makes a HUGE difference in the effectiveness of the coverage section!

QuadJunkies
12-28-2003, 10:18 AM
I cant say enough GOOD about how this site has changed!!and yet, not changed TOO much. Im like alot of you am VERY excited about all the race coverage for people like me on the West coast who cant go and experience alot of the races back east Im glad Harlen gets this opportunity to go and get the race coverage we all want to see !!! I think the membership for site was a grat idea as well....... I guess my thing to add/change would be to get back our" Rider of the month "again, maybe a little bit of yourself intro and what you have accomplished for the year And maybe a few chosen "rider of the year" riders" and if chosen, maybe the site could send them a T-shirt and some stickers?????? Whats everone think??:D

redroost85
12-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I too am loving the new race coverage and pics! I agree with the others that I would like more on the tech type stuff, product reviews, how to's. I think having too much info is never enough, lol!

The newsletter is also a good idea, but that might take money away from the site.

I know one thing..I could use some new EXriders stickers...got anymore of them lying around Harlen? :D

I love this site and will continue to support it because of all the stuff I have learned here. EXriders kicks ***!

speedy400
12-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I've sent many Vids. in to be added to the vid. selection but none were ever posted, this should be better kept I think... otherwise. its very nice.-darren

redrunner
12-28-2003, 08:29 PM
I like the idea of an expanded tech section, we all love to work on our own stuff but sometimes lack the confidence or expertise to do so. From what I've seen so far from the sight you all help out the people that don't know. So an expanded tech section that may group the related threads together on a particular subject without doing a full search, you know some way for a mod to look at the content and place it in that section.

Overall great job with keeping all of it organized and running well!