PDA

View Full Version : Night Riding

450rboy
12-26-2003, 09:01 PM
i am just woundering does any one else have fun riding at night like me. post something for me and i will read it

dannyboy20
12-26-2003, 09:14 PM
i have had some good night rides. As long as i go with alot of people its a blast. Especially if your in an open field. I think it kinda sucks by urself though.

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:15 PM
I climbed this once in the dark before.:eek2: :macho http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p0971e8cb6a76f0b8f76f2d671f424c5f/fc8cb701.jpg

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:16 PM
And jupmed this one too.......This one was fun in the dark:blah: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p7f48b44bfb5ce440fe4a7ac5424bef52/fc8cb6a0.jpg

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-26-2003, 09:16 PM
I dont think night ridin thats great id rather just go out all day and com home at night. some person who use to live by me went out night ridin and clipped a railroad tie with his front tire his handlebars turned so fast it shaddered his wrist.

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Have you ever rode the dunes at night????????:eek2: Its kinda freaky and fun!!! Sure, I would much rather go riding all day too, but night riding can be fun, just have to be a bit more cautious.....;)

chucked
12-26-2003, 09:32 PM
riding at night is the best, except around here i gotta unplug my tail light so i wont be followed by unwanted "followers"

450rboy
12-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I climbed this once in the dark before.:eek2: :macho http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p0971e8cb6a76f0b8f76f2d671f424c5f/fc8cb701.jpg

hey how was the other side of that jump haha

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
hey how was the other side of that jump haha
ALOT more flat!!!!!!:D

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:46 PM
someday I hope to have enough power to fly up this at night:macho http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p8271b6c56ac1f02039bb0691637f9803/fba72605.jpg

coryatver
12-26-2003, 09:47 PM
Night riding is a lot of fun it feels like you are going faster to me for some reason and you have to be so much more alert and ready for anything that could happen.

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Night riding is a lot of fun it feels like you are going faster to me for some reason and you have to be so much more alert and ready for anything that could happen. isntit feel sooooo different with Air time when its pitch black outside.... I misjudged a landing in the dark once and bit a hole in my lip one night:o here another of the dune above ^^^^^^^ I bet that is a trip to ride at night!!!!:eek: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pf4c71ae2ed21d26e92be9ce1b01599b2/fba725e0.jpg

450rboy
12-26-2003, 09:51 PM
when you are draging on a back rode at night and your lights are it so much cooler for some reason i think

it is a lot better when you have crazy people to ride with it so funny.

like one night we told this kid on his bike to jump this. well he didn't now there was this bush on the other side of it and the thing is there was bees all through the bush and he put his bike right in too it
and he is trying to pull his bike out of it but i t workin and he is getting stung. it was so funny

or this one other time at night there was this one kid that just started to ride with us and we all had to climb this hill to go through the trail and he didn't now you had to turn at the top and there was a pond right above the hill. and he didn't now so we all told him to get lots of speed up and go up it. well he did and went straight into the pond and this all happened at night

450rboy
12-26-2003, 09:53 PM
some times it is pretty easy to ride at night and sometimes its very hard and most of the time it is so funny

450rboy
12-26-2003, 09:55 PM
isntit feel sooooo different with Air time when its pitch black outside.... I misjudged a landing in the dark once and bit a hole in my lip one night:o here another of the dune above ^^^^^^^ I bet that is a trip to ride at night!!!!:eek: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pf4c71ae2ed21d26e92be9ce1b01599b2/fba725e0.jpg

i sure hope you don't hit one of those bushs at night. have you ever hit one

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 09:58 PM
i sure hope you don't hit one of those bushs at night. have you ever hit one Ive never rode that set of Dunes at night before, My 400 would only make it up in 1st gear anyhow...:o Its a long ride out to this dune in the dark, lots of steep crazy dunes to get there.. I dunno if I would dare go there in the Dark and if anyone from out riding group sees this thread, are liable to get crazy ideas and want to in June for the group ride.!!!:eek2:

450rboy
12-26-2003, 10:08 PM
what was the worst rack any one has ever had at night.

i had some and they suck some times

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Have you ever rode the dunes at night????????:eek2: Its kinda freaky and fun!!! Sure, I would much rather go riding all day too, but night riding can be fun, just have to be a bit more cautious.....;)
So true!:macho Riding the trail at Florence is a blast! It almost safer too because you can see the lights in the dark;)

It wasn't pitch black yet but...

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
So true!:macho Riding the rail at Florence is a blast! It almost safer too because you can see the lights in the dark;)

It wasn't pitch black yet but... niiiiiceeeeee:cool:

12-26-2003, 10:27 PM
i ride at night a whole lot by myself...usually around 10 pm....gotta love the Hondas..i know it will always get me home

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:34 PM
what was the worst rack any one has ever had at night.

i had some and they suck some times
The same night that pic was taken there was a scary incident. There were about 10 of us or so and over half were kids under 10. We had been hitting that jump for awhile along with another one nearby.

The adults were taking a break and watching the kids hit them and loop around. One of the kids hitting the second jump came around to where every one was watching the other one and turned into where the landing area was. I yelled at him but it was too late. Just as the other one landed he traveled less than a foot when he landed and they collided head on. Talk about a sudden stop:eek2:

Luckily noone got hurt, just scared the chit out of everyone.

That is why i'm looking for an a-arm:p

Joe

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:39 PM
The kids....

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:42 PM
This is quad that needs an a-arm:o

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:44 PM
:cool:

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Last one............ for now........:p

450rboy
12-26-2003, 11:02 PM
i feel bad for that kid that got hit by that other 4 wheeler

here is something funny i think

like one night we told this kid on his bike to jump this. well he didn't now there was this bush on the other side of it and the thing is there was bees all through the bush and he put his bike right in too it
and he is trying to pull his bike out of it but i t workin and he is getting stung. it was so funny

or this one other time at night there was this one kid that just started to ride with us and we all had to climb this hill to go through the trail and he didn't now you had to turn at the top and there was a pond right above the hill. and he didn't now so we all told him to get lots of speed up and go up it. well he did and went straight into the pond and this all happened at night

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Last one............ for now........:p how old is the lil man???? Good pic!

ReconRider25
12-26-2003, 11:14 PM

ok i am sorry but that is NOT FUNNY! last summer i was outback at the end of our runway, which is 3/4 of a mile long doing wheelies and donuts and stuff and then i just started getting swarmed by wasps.......they had an underground nest.......me, not thinking, i shifted into neutral instead of a higher gear to get the heck outta there, and i started running...boy was that dumb....i left the quad, my helmet, and eventually my shoes cuz they were all over me and stuff in my shoes and helmet.....not to mention i didnt turn the quad off, which was air cooled......that was a long *** run all the way home when theyre still chasing you 2/3 of the way back......got stung 19 times........boy was i stupid.....:p

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
ok i am sorry but that is NOT FUNNY! last summer i was outback at the end of our runway, which is 3/4 of a mile long doing wheelies and donuts and stuff and then i just started getting swarmed by wasps.......they had an underground nest.......me, not thinking, i shifted into neutral instead of a higher gear to get the heck outta there, and i started running...boy was that dumb....i left the quad, my helmet, and eventually my shoes cuz they were all over me and stuff in my shoes and helmet.....not to mention i didnt turn the quad off, which was air cooled......that was a long *** run all the way home when theyre still chasing you 2/3 of the way back......got stung 19 times........boy was i stupid.....:p ROFL!!!! oooops. sorry, I know thats not funny, but I get a visual........:o :p That would totoally suck!

hondarider2006
12-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
...usually around 10 pm....gotta love the Hondas..i know it will always get me home

Now isn't that true;)

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:23 PM
how old is the lil man???? Good pic!
I think he was about five maybe six at the time I think, he's another friends son. That was from last August.:)

Joe

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:26 PM
ok i am sorry but that is NOT FUNNY! last summer i was outback at the end of our runway, which is 3/4 of a mile long doing wheelies and donuts and stuff and then i just started getting swarmed by wasps.......they had an underground nest.......me, not thinking, i shifted into neutral instead of a higher gear to get the heck outta there, and i started running...boy was that dumb....i left the quad, my helmet, and eventually my shoes cuz they were all over me and stuff in my shoes and helmet.....not to mention i didnt turn the quad off, which was air cooled......that was a long *** run all the way home when theyre still chasing you 2/3 of the way back......got stung 19 times........boy was i stupid.....:p
LMAO! Reminds me of the time when I was about 7 or 8 and throwing rocks a bees nest. Talk about stupid!:p

Joe

Pappy
12-26-2003, 11:31 PM
i took my trike down the street one night and was pulling some friends on a inner tube. i hit a patch of ice and ran over 2 girls who were sitting in the snow:( i jumped off the trike and the one girl was laying on her stomach crying saying her back hurt. i pulled up her shirt and in the dimlight i saw what i thought was her bone showing thru her skin:eek: thank god it wasnt. damn bra straps:p

ReconRider25
12-26-2003, 11:35 PM
i took my trike down the street one night and was pulling some friends on a inner tube. i hit a patch of ice and ran over 2 girls who were sitting in the snow i jumped off the trike and the one girl was laying on her stomach crying saying her back hurt. i pulled up her shirt and in the dimlight i saw what i thought was her bone showing thru her skin thank god it wasnt. damn bra straps

.......:p .........lol

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
........ damn bra straps:p
Them things are always getting in the way:p

Joe

QuadJunkies
12-26-2003, 11:39 PM
i took my trike down the street one night and was pulling some friends on a inner tube. i hit a patch of ice and ran over 2 girls who were sitting in the snow:( i jumped off the trike and the one girl was laying on her stomach crying saying her back hurt. i pulled up her shirt and in the dimlight i saw what i thought was her bone showing thru her skin:eek: thank god it wasnt. damn bra straps:p ROFL!!!!!!!!!!:p :devil:

toby400ex
12-27-2003, 01:04 AM
edited

450rboy
12-27-2003, 07:28 AM

the reason it was so because he was laughing to. he didn't really care if he got stung because they don't really hert but he only got stung like 3 times. we would of tryed to help but we couldn't get acrossed this ditch. if you were there you would though it was funny.
he is just a crazy one thats all

Bill Fuller
12-27-2003, 07:57 AM
Started out that night riding was the only time to ride.We used to ride the woods around the farm till 3 or 4 in the morning.....the good 'ol days.I remember going to Turkey Bay and we all couldn't wait for it to get dark,we would all line up at about 9 or 10 and head off playing follow the leader what a blast!The only bad part was back then I was riding the X and when it got stuck and died out in the middle of the woods it sure was dark:D Little d and myself went out at Turkey Bay one night and got stuck about 3/4 of the way up a nasty hill naturally both of us were on X's so you can imagine the fun we had trying to get back to the bottom(took about 15-20 min).I would love to ride a night time XC race somtime.

2001400ex
12-27-2003, 08:10 AM
isntit feel sooooo different with Air time when its pitch black outside.... I misjudged a landing in the dark once and bit a hole in my lip one night:o

If I ever take a jump at night time now I'm gonna open my mouth so big and put one big ***** smile on my face while I'm in the air so I don't bite a hole through any of my lips!:blah:

quadfamily
12-27-2003, 09:29 AM
damn bra straps:p

If I only had a dime for every time I said that!

QuadJunkies
12-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
If I ever take a jump at night time now I'm gonna open my mouth so big and put one big ***** smile on my face while I'm in the air so I don't bite a hole through any of my lips!:blah: LMGDAO!!!!!!:p

2001400ex
12-27-2003, 09:53 AM
:D<-- That will be me in the air! :blah: :blah:

Sportrax10
12-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Long wheelies are fun at night...:o

86350x
12-27-2003, 03:58 PM
With my shift I have no choice but to nightride during the week. Last night I rode on 2 wheels in the snow and ice.

450rboy
12-27-2003, 03:58 PM
does any one go spotting on four wheelers at night. well i do sometimes but usually when i tell my mom i am going to go riding or some girls house. but it sucks at night when you break down at night and you have to go some where and you are always by your self.

450rboy
12-27-2003, 04:03 PM
keep this kida story to yourself.

***edited***

450rboy
12-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Long wheelies are fun at night...:o

yea it is pretty cool doing a willie at night when the lights are puted up in the sky thats pretty cool

Nausty
12-27-2003, 05:56 PM
i am just woundering does any one else have fun riding at night like me. post something for me and i will read it

I do a lot, nothing like going out on the highway and popping up some 4th and 5th gear wheelies and riding wheelies not seeing where your going because your head lights are pointing in the air.

spud400ex
12-27-2003, 06:49 PM
i love night riding at the sand dunes, but not in the dirt. going full speed on my ranchers into a ditch, going to a dead stop in about a foots distance, got me scared to ride . but 5th pinned thru ls ok is fun.

6 days after i got my 400ex i went to the little sahara and crested one of the big dunes full third and went about 10ft out. scarred the crap outa me.

cool 300ex
12-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Night riding is lots of fun i love doing it. I night ride the most in the winter because it gets dark so quick. I just got new fog light on my foreman i got to see how they work in the dark.:)