PDA

View Full Version : need help, quick question

WickedRider
12-26-2003, 07:37 PM
I bought a pair of 21x11x10 geckos on 10x8 rims ( dont know brand) when i got home & put the paddles on the quad was slanted. whwn i looked the paddles were offset. when one side was sitting between the paddles the other side was on the paddle. understand?when i push it it kind of rocks side ways. i was wondering if it makes any difference mounted like this, performance wise? should i take em back & tell em to mount them even? thanx

WickedRider
12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
after taking the rims off & lookin they are even, its the d*** hubs that arent. i tried taking the left side out & couldnt even get the pin out, & got even more p.o 'd. any1 have any ideas on what to do?:mad: :mad:

dads400ex
12-26-2003, 10:07 PM
you are on the right track, just get one of the hubs off and rotate it a spline or two or until you can get them to be close to straight across.

good luck

JOEX
12-26-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure there is any performance difference but I like tpo have them even for a smoother ride on the pavement to the sand:p

If you can get one of the hubs off that would be the easiest waty to line them up. I haven't had any trouble getting the hubs but others have.

Another option is to let the air out of one, break the bead and turn the tire to line it up with the other.

Joe

WickedRider
12-26-2003, 10:16 PM
is the ride on the sand any diff.? these are my first set of paddles. my dad really screw'd up the pin trying to get it out. i guess ill try to cut it & buy a newone tomorrow. thanx for the help. i just want to go ride:D

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:16 PM
I really don't think you need to worry about it, just go ride the mofo:D Ideally you should replace the cotter pin every time but I doubt most people do. I eplace them when they are too bent to get them back in:p

Joe

WickedRider
12-27-2003, 11:21 AM
thanx JOEX, im goin riding today. theres this one hill i make it about 5 feet from the top & i have to turn. cant wait to see if the paddles help.

WickedRider
12-27-2003, 07:55 PM
when my dad go home i finally went riding. the ride was ruff until i got to soft sand & it gripped really good. after riding for 10 min i headed back to check the lug nuts. when i looked i was missing 2 nuts off the left side & the rim almost off the hub. i really screwed up my rims. after talking to a guy i found out i had to turn the lug nuts around. :( a guy at the honda shop he said he will talk to his parts manager & see wat they could do. i guess im just goin to buy a set of .125 douglas rims for $36 each or buy a set of steel rims. this weekend sucks.:mad: but i love the tires. hooked up way better than my stockers but the sand was a lil wet. it seemed to accel. better also.

JOEX
12-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Get the aluminum rims, the steel ones are heavy. The sand sucks up alot of power and steel rims will make it worse. The .125's will be fine if you're not riding in rough areas or getting huge air.

You might be able to get the damaged rim re-drilled by a competent mechanic. Just a thought;)

Joe