PDA

View Full Version : need help to pick front tires

tumbler440Ex
02-18-2002, 06:14 PM
i have realtors and i em trade for a 250r but i em keepin my realtors in the rear what should i get in the front i have to go on the road alot hard on tires eats them like everything and i have 4ply razrs i never buy those again aint good for what i use them for mud and hill climbing
i was htinking hole shots xct or xcr what ever they are called or maxxis front pro i dont rrealy want a stright lug in the midddle but if i cant get a good rearable tire i will i like the handling of the stright lug in the middle like hole shots razrs
but over all i just want somehting thats not a turf tamer i want a nice tire realtors rear good soo i want somthing to rear good on the front please help:confused:

J25
02-18-2002, 07:11 PM
holeshots i have them and they are awesome............ when your front end pops up and just skims the surface they wtill will turn pretty good

tumbler440Ex
02-18-2002, 08:09 PM
what type of hole shots tho?
&
they wear good on pavement i aint on pavement all the time but to get to places i wore my razrs out by nov an di got them august haha but i actuly didnt care bout them cause they were free with the bike and they wore realy fast on the little pavment driving i was doin so i just didnt care after they wore half way i just ran road all the time

Nausty
02-18-2002, 08:39 PM
This may not be much help but basicly what he is asking for is a good hard compound tire that won't wear down fast but still turn well. I think you would be good with hole shots but I dunno how long it will take to wear down. Hope I helped;)

J25
02-19-2002, 05:40 PM
ok i got xct holeshots and i ride on the rode alot to and ive had for a year and theyve barely worn a bit

400exRacerX
02-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Get holeshot mx's.;)

tumbler440Ex
02-19-2002, 07:04 PM
thanxs alot guys
i think ill buy holeshots xcts
how much are they for front?
what size do they come in
and what woudl be better normal hole shots
xc
xcts?
what wears better bacisly

400exJOE
02-19-2002, 07:20 PM
From what I've heard, shredders last a long time and they are much like holeshots. Holeshots do wear down. I have them and the last ok. Thats regular holshots. Xc's come in 22" front and 20" rears. They just seem to be a little bit meatier (bigger lugs). Holeshot XTCs are bigger, heavier tires. They come w/ 6 ply and 23" fronts and 22" rears. I think you should get shredders or bandits. Both last a real long time, but bandits are kinda heavy.

330EXman
02-19-2002, 08:47 PM
hey the hole shots have a soft compound and do wear quik like on PAVeMENT. anyways i would buy a set of Grooved radials (or also called roken type.) and put those babies on there. these will serve the purpose the best unless you ride on muddy goey surfaces then you might want to go woth the shredders.