PDA

View Full Version : painting frame and a-arms

dannyboy20
12-26-2003, 07:10 PM
whats the best way to do it. What kind of paint ???

4TraxRider
12-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Don't paint it, get it PC'd. Whatever paint you use will look great until the first ride and chip away.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-26-2003, 11:07 PM
theres no best way to paint a frame, they all suck. get it powder coated.

Pappy
12-26-2003, 11:11 PM
actually there are paints on the market that hold up extremely well on frames. auto paint and spray can just arent going to cut it unless all you ride is drag racing and dunes.

wex300 has all his 310 R parts painted with a dupont paint. they look great and have withstood countless miles of backwoods and GNCC races. i inspected them at the last hatfield ride and was very happy to see his good fortune.

do a little research and then pick whats best for your application. prep is he next important factor. too many people scuff the stock paint and shoot over it. thats not gonna last long. the frame should be properly stripped first. then follow the paint manufactures instructions including temperature control of the frame. joe average shooting his frame in a garage when its 20 degree's outside is gonna be mighty pissed off when it starts flaking off when he is putting it all back together.

stupid driver
12-26-2003, 11:54 PM
im just gonna wait and have pappy do mine for me eventually. I either need to make a few more buks, or be a little smartypants in the classroom so pappy does it for free :blah:

toby400ex
12-27-2003, 01:45 AM
when i paint my a-arms i just cake on a lot of paint and leave it, especially when it is really cold out, it still works like usual (shiitty):devil: