PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Honda 450R

DeCesare79
12-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Has anyone gotten their's yet? We have a deposit on one in PA and the said today the release date was pushed back till late January. I thought some people allready had theirs. Can anyone fill me in on what our dealer is talking about???

Thanks,

ex kid
12-26-2003, 06:49 PM
im in eastern pa, my honda dealer told me the release was pushed back to next month.

joedirtball u work at the dam place, what the deal?

SSRedRider
12-26-2003, 11:34 PM
There was a fax that was sent to all of the honda dealers, I think that it was last week, saying that the release of the 450r was delayed until jan. 28th. Something about one of the suppliers couldn't match their quota, i think it was the shocks. :grr:

joedirt
12-27-2003, 01:06 PM
I've given up. When it comes out it comes out. I told my boss to tell there sales rep thanks for alot of lost sales. Stupid Honda 450 I'm stickn with my 250R or C-dale. There ain't no why to get it ready for the season.

cdalejef
12-27-2003, 01:29 PM
It seems like everytime Honda comes out with a new model, its always delayed.

joedirt
12-27-2003, 04:17 PM
They shouldn't D!< tease us. Do what Yamaha did

RIDER11X
12-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
They shouldn't D!< tease us. Do what Yamaha did
Yea, but when it is out it is more than likely right, you run the yammis back to the shop for a while usually. In all fairness though, the YFZ has been good so far.:cool:

Rip_Tear
12-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Yea, but when it is out it is more than likely right, you run the yammis back to the shop for a while usually. In all fairness though, the YFZ has been good so far.:cool:

True that, Honda won't ship out crap, neither will they release something they know isnt right. So just deal with it.

SSRedRider
12-27-2003, 06:26 PM
:cool:

ex kid
12-28-2003, 05:45 AM
thats true. honda wont realese a bike that wont work.

my guess is that they were just starting to build the TTRX when yamaha realeses the YFZ and it shocked the **** out of them so they started to rush. now look what happened. a little long term testing, they find a few bugs and tell everybody with money down on the bike they have to wait.

you probably wont see too many of them this season.

coryatver
12-28-2003, 01:26 PM
I think after the summer break some of the pros will switch

big bad beny
12-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Ya the Honda will be out be for you guys start eny major racing so just hold on with what you got for just a little longer. But dont give in on a yam. I know some people that are all reddy rebuilding there YFZ. The piston noked a hole in the side of the block they sade the piston is so thin they are flopping over and putting a hole in the block.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

joedirt
12-28-2003, 08:23 PM
new 4 bangers are somewhat high maintenance. there built to rev and make power. if people want a good trail quad get a trail quad if you want a race quad NOW you can go out and buy a race quad

RIDER11X
12-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
new 4 bangers are somewhat high maintenance. there built to rev and make power. if people want a good trail quad get a trail quad if you want a race quad NOW you can go out and buy a race quad

100% CORRECT! People are looking to the YFZ and 450r as an upgrade to the 400ex and Raptor. These new machines will need top end jobs way more frequently than their predecessors.

If you want a machine that you don't need to work on much, and ride alot, buy a 400ex. If absolute HP and speed is your game, get the 450r, and be prepared to do, or pay to have frequent maintenance done in comparison to the 400ex. :cool:

jlhughes750
12-29-2003, 08:54 AM
i kinda like the Yammi!!!!!!!!

gettin kinda used to it!

still love my R though!! :D

ckasper18
12-30-2003, 01:16 PM
I work at a honda dealership and when its ready to be realeased every dealer will get one.If it is as nice as they say you really should not need to do much.hey will be well worth the wait.Honda will not realeease them till they are perfect.I was told they are having problems with the muffler not meeting standards