PDA

View Full Version : Two Teens were killed in ATV Crash

Foxyangel0425
12-26-2003, 12:29 PM
JEFFERSON, Ohio -- Two teenagers were killed in an ATV crash when their vehicle either flipped over or was struck by a train.

Noah Addair, 14, and Caleb Weldy, 13, of Dorset Township, died Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, said Rich Mongell, chief investigator for the Ashtabula County coroner's office.

Ohio Department of Transportation workers spotted the bodies around 9:40 a.m. Wednesday down an embankment near railroad tracks, Mongell said. They were pronounced dead at the scene in Dorset Township, 55 miles northeast of Cleveland.

"We don't know if it flipped, or they got hit from behind by a vehicle or got hit by a train," Mongell said. "We're investigating all three possibilities."

Autopsies will be conducted Thursday by the Cuyahoga County coroner.

ReconRider25
12-26-2003, 12:33 PM
:( :( more bad news for our hobby.....

LTandRaptorider
12-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Damn... that's horrible... :(

hondafox440
12-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Sad, but they shouldn't ride 2-up and irresponsibly.

250EXking
12-26-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
JEFFERSON, Ohio -- Two teenagers were killed in an ATV crash when their vehicle either flipped over or was struck by a train.

Noah Addair, 14, and Caleb Weldy, 13, of Dorset Township, died Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, said Rich Mongell, chief investigator for the Ashtabula County coroner's office.

Ohio Department of Transportation workers spotted the bodies around 9:40 a.m. Wednesday down an embankment near railroad tracks, Mongell said. They were pronounced dead at the scene in Dorset Township, 55 miles northeast of Cleveland.

"We don't know if it flipped, or they got hit from behind by a vehicle or got hit by a train," Mongell said. "We're investigating all three possibilities."

Autopsies will be conducted Thursday by the Cuyahoga County coroner.

yeah my mom's friend knew them. they weren't wearing helmets. that's to bad.:(

Glow Plug
12-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I hate to say it but if they were riding 2-up and without helments they pretty much deserved it. To bad that they had to die to learn their lession :(

more bad publicisty to I guess :rolleyes:

250EXking
12-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
I hate to say it but if they were riding 2-up and without helments they pretty much deserved it. To bad that they had to die to learn their lession :(

don't quote me on this but it was also at night. so that made it worse riding in the dark. im pretty sure they were riding that night.

rookiex
12-26-2003, 04:20 PM
thats my dude josh addairs cousin he is a pro Dirt biker in D11.real sad Ive hung out with that kid before at beans when she was at a race watchin him.

chucked
12-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
yeah my mom's friend knew them. they weren't wearing helmets. that's to bad.:(
idiots, well heres another example of darwin's survival of the fittest

redrider69
12-26-2003, 06:07 PM
well im pretty sure if i died right now i would want it to be on my bike so if they loved quads as much as me they died happy

ewalker302
12-26-2003, 06:09 PM
13 & 14 year old doubled up, no helmets, at night, on road, railroad tracks.

Most likley riding a 16+ quad.

The parents should go to jail, instead quad's will get the blame & the parents will probably get a fat settlement to keep it out of court. Complete idiots.

You can bet that the same jerkoffs that banned our 3-wheelers & scared honda out of the sport market 15 years ago are chomping at the bit to stir sh*t up again.

Ozzy drew a lot of attention & now everybody that acts a fool is just gonna lay more heat on us.

:bandit:

ewalker302
12-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by redrider69
well im pretty sure if i died right now i would want it to be on my bike so if they loved quads as much as me they died happy

Don't get me wrong, I love my quad, but I would be a hell of a lot happier alive & never even seeing a quad than dead on one.

And there's assloads of better ways to go than wrecking.

IMO

:bandit:

400grl
12-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Two more were just killed yesterday on a 4X4 quad here in AZ - an 18 year old a a 10 year old (I think?) were riding double and crashed through a brick wall - they both died. No helmets.

The first thing I think is where were their parents??? It's a shame that something that was supposed to be a fun thing for everyone had to turn tragic because of no regard to safety issues - the same exact safety rules printed right on the quad.....

TheX1992
12-26-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug

i disagree. i dont think they 'deserved' to die for that. i cant see myself sitting on the side of a trail shouting curses at riders who have no helmets saying that they deserve to die. now if their parents had beaten through their heads the helmet rule it proably wouldnt have happened. i cant see sending their parents to jail over it though. they arent going to be sitting around a table playing poker and enjoying themselves because of it, they are sitting with other family right now mourning their death. i dont think it's their fault at all (besides teaching them how important it is to wear a helmet).

common sense just comes in when i hear the story. young kids, riding at night, no helmet, side of train tracks. the conditions are perfect. maybe they didnt know any better. they were proably having so much fun that they didnt want to stop. i know im going to get flamed for this but i am just stating my opinion on the matter.

theres my 2 bits. anyone agree with me?

Got Huevos?
12-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
don't quote me on this but it was also at night. so that made it worse riding in the dark. im pretty sure they were riding that night.

yup, come on. Young Teens, No Helmet, At Night Or Very Early Morning. thats asking for some trouble. in this case its survival of the smartest not fittest and these 2 girls just weren't playing with a full deck when riding. the parents as well are just as much or more to blame.

cals400ex
12-27-2003, 01:08 AM
yes, thats terrible. there was a similar accident here in illinois a couple weeks back. a couple guys were at a track and hitting these jumps. well one person went off the jump and another person was sitting below the jump. the kid in the air landed on the other. one died and the other is in critical condition.

with my riding group, i am the only one that wears a helmet on a normal basis. however, we usually don't do anything too dumb, but anything can happen. the most we do is hit small jumps or ride wheelies down the road through the gears. we don't have a track around here so we have to do something. accidents can happen. i prefer to protect my noggin, even if there isn't much up there. :p

AtvMxRider
12-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

The first thing I think is where were their parents???

Exactly!!!! Why were a 14 yr old and a 13yr old riding quads at night:huh ? I personally blame the parents for dumb chit like this:grr: .

Foxyangel0425
12-27-2003, 12:44 PM
We can blame everyone and anyone, but it won't bring those kids back!! :(

Kids/parents are going to have to learn that they can't ride w/out helmets and they parents can't let their kids out w/out them either, they also need to HIDE the keys so these kids can't sneak out at night/day when parents aren't home and get killed! :mad: :grr:

PHAT400
12-27-2003, 01:12 PM
DAMN SHAME!!!!

:(

SSRedRider
12-27-2003, 05:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Glow Plug
I hate to say it but if they were riding 2-up and without helments they pretty much deserved it. To bad that they had to die to learn their lession

Nobody deserves to die for riding a quad double, helmet or not. This is bad, two young riders gone.

JUSTINcredible
12-27-2003, 10:23 PM
if they did get hit by a train how much would a helmet really help.

not saying that its no big deal they didnt have helmets on or that they were riding 2 up but i think if they got hit by a train they were done for either way

Got Huevos?
12-28-2003, 08:29 AM
i hate to put it like this but if they were hit by a train there wouldn't be bodies, there'd be pieces.

lol
12-28-2003, 07:08 PM
thats so sad:(

KASCHAK
12-28-2003, 07:26 PM
they kinda deserved it. yea were there parents when they left without there helmets.. kinda dumb

03400EX_Nacs
12-28-2003, 07:33 PM
no one reall thinks its gonna be thier time to have a wreck thats why people dont wear helmets but when it comes down to it happening theres nothing more they wish than for them to of had a helmet on... poor kids

chucked
12-28-2003, 08:03 PM
too many people have that "its not gonna happen to me" attitude, i did until i broke my ankle from wrecking, got hit in my truck which was totalled, and my riding buddy died from a drug over dose. people think that they are gonna do whatever they want and live forever.