View Full Version : Lonestar DC-4 LT A-Arms??

Knips178
12-26-2003, 09:50 AM
I have 19" remote rez Elka's and am looking for a-arms for mx. The lonestar DC-4's look good, anyone ride them yet?

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-26-2003, 10:15 AM
yes, i have rode on them and seen them up close...they are excellant a arms. i plan to buy a set for my quad soon.

fasterz
12-26-2003, 09:41 PM
well i was gonna get them but went with the burguard premiums instead. i talked to alot of people and really looked into them both and burguard came to be the clear choice unless you liek lots of broken ball joints and mexican made arms. u can not belive it if u like, but ull end up like my frined with a broke wrist after breakin the joint on his first lap on the arms;)

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
well i was gonna get them but went with the burguard premiums instead. i talked to alot of people and really looked into them both and burguard came to be the clear choice unless you liek lots of broken ball joints and mexican made arms. u can not belive it if u like, but ull end up like my frined with a broke wrist after breakin the joint on his first lap on the arms;)

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/help.gif http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/images/smiles/icon20.gif

Dave400ex
12-27-2003, 10:16 AM
I think the LSR arms are good. A lot of guys have them on their YFZs. Burgard is also good. Can't go wrong with either. Arens should have some LT arms very soon for the YFZ also.

AlaskaSpeed
12-27-2003, 10:26 AM

cough...bs...cough.....

I love the in depth tech replies we get. Yes, I love Mexican made a-arms and broken wrists. Especially if a Mexican nurse is seeing to my needs.........

Here are my DC4's.........

http://home.gci.net/~jbfrench/YFZ450front1.JPG

Narly R
12-28-2003, 06:48 PM
I love my DC-4's. But I must say, KI did brake two ball joints. And flipped over!:mad: I dont really like how the top arms are set up. But I got new joints and they seem to be fine now.

Extremeracer167
12-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
cough...bs...cough.....

I love the in depth tech replies we get. Yes, I love Mexican made a-arms and broken wrists. Especially if a Mexican nurse is seeing to my needs.........

Here are my DC4's.........

:p

Yeah i like the fact that most of these ppl go off RUMORS and state no facts. :rolleyes: And i also like the fact that most of these ppl claim that they all call LSR and b%tch about it, and LSR just shuts them down and doesnt help at all. Well 20/20 i called LSR they have been very helpful with my questions. The DC 4s are VERY nice a-arms, and suprisingly since they just released them to the public not too long ago, there seems to be an AWFUL LOT of ppl that have had experiance with them:p Oh well, im not going to start another argue over LSR thread or any other company, we all know how that turned out last time:(

KandK952
12-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Anyone who has broken bottom balljoints... the result is from them probably not being threaded in enough, that is how the LSR are right? IF that is the case, thread them in a little further and they will be fine... this happened with a set of a-arms I used to have and I asked the manufacturer about it and they said it sounded like that was the case, and it was.

lil400exman
12-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I think the LSR arms are good. A lot of guys have them on their YFZs. Burgard is also good. Can't go wrong with either. Arens should have some LT arms very soon for the YFZ also.
he already does dave!:devil:

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by KandK952
Anyone who has broken bottom balljoints... the result is from them probably not being threaded in enough, that is how the LSR are right? IF that is the case, thread them in a little further and they will be fine... this happened with a set of a-arms I used to have and I asked the manufacturer about it and they said it sounded like that was the case, and it was.

i agree...most are prolly from the owners not knowing how to set them up right. i know people that have done this.

12-29-2003, 05:19 PM
my cousin broke a lower ball joint on his ex houser std, and his werent threaded in all the way my houser std lasted fine all season

Truth is breaking ball joints is common on any style a arm like that, old style laegers, houser etc

dont blame broken ball joints on lsr, wheel offset etc also stresses ball joints

norrisboat
12-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
i agree...most are prolly from the owners not knowing how to set them up right. i know people that have done this.

Right, right and absolutly right.

bmw500hp
12-30-2003, 03:27 AM

Try China on the ASR tie rod ends! There are some radical ranges of quality on a rod end...China to Chrome moly.

Ask your a arm builder what rod end and or spherical he uses..that should tell you a considerable amount regarding any committment to level of quality product for the overall product.

This is not to say that all asian products lack, it just suggests to you that he's quite possibly recourcing more on the basis of price than quality. :grr: :grr:

bmw500hp
12-30-2003, 03:34 AM
By the way, that post was not in any way directed to the DC's. :D

12-30-2003, 09:42 PM
my gibson lt arms are very very nice but then again i havent rode on them yet or finished put the right side on, but the quality is superior to most others ive seen....:o

fasterz
12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
ya sorry i came out a lil harsh but when i was at the track i talked to herrmann racing and he told me how bad the LSR arms are. but he is a competeing bussiness with lsr so i cant blame him for dissin other companies and sayin how good his is. thats one reason i didnt go with hermann. he talks to much $H1T. sorry if that offends ne one but thats how i felt when i talked to him. and yes my firned did break his LSR ball joint on the first lap on his arms and yes his ball joint was all the way in. it might have been a defective one though cuz it looked all weird how it broke.

A4StrokeGuy
12-31-2003, 10:25 AM
Ball Joints can break on about any type of a-arm when not installed properly. Heres a set of Houser a-arms with broken ball joints, the result of not threading the bottom in far enough, it was not mechanical as much as it was mechanic error. It happens, you just need to keep an eye on them.

Jordan

12-31-2003, 12:52 PM
haha my doesnt have ball joints it has "spherical bearings" and some kingpins or sumfin that goes through them

12-31-2003, 10:22 PM
ya sorry i came out a lil harsh but when i was at the track i talked to herrmann racing and he told me how bad the LSR arms are. but he is a competeing bussiness with lsr so i cant blame him for dissin other companies and sayin how good his is. thats one reason i didnt go with hermann. he talks to much $H1T. sorry if that offends ne one but thats how i felt when i talked to him. and yes my firned did break his LSR ball joint on the first lap on his arms and yes his ball joint was all the way in. it might have been a defective one though cuz it looked all weird how it broke.

Remember lsr also produces more than pretty much every other company i think, correct me if im wrong.

That takes alot of business from other companies, but with higher production you have to expect more problems because there are more out there

01-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by captin' stabbin
Remember lsr also produces more than pretty much every other company i think, correct me if im wrong.

That takes alot of business from other companies, but with higher production you have to expect more problems because there are more out there

I couldnt agree more.

400exBro
01-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by member
haha my doesnt have ball joints it has "spherical bearings" and some kingpins or sumfin that goes through them

gibosn uses king pins i believe...

is there a way to ensure that this won't happen (breaking a ball joint)???
also are the ball joints grease able, like the JB are??