PDA

View Full Version : Any TiVo users here?

MOFO
12-26-2003, 09:24 AM
I just got this from my parents for X-mas... they have been using theirs for years and love it. I got the series 2 80hr unit... just finished setting it up and I gotta admit its pretty damn cool!

Anyone uses this?

sweet300ex
12-26-2003, 09:42 AM
is it true that you can rewind the TV and stuff like that?

12-26-2003, 10:00 AM
You big couch tater....:grr:

MOFO
12-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Rico
You big couch tater....:grr:

LMAO...actually I can now just watch what I want, when I want... so it makes for less TV watching time. :D

yes you can rewind, pause and if you have it buffered, you can fast foward through commercials. It will also record any show that you want automatically and store it digitally on its internal hard drive... I have 80hrs of storage available with this unit. Then you can watch it at anytime...

oldsandman
12-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Tivo is great! It really will change how you watch tv.

29FTEX
12-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Yes, I have one in the living room and soon to have one in the bedroom. It's an awesome machine.

Glow Plug
12-26-2003, 03:31 PM
:huh what is Tivo?

corvette95
12-26-2003, 03:34 PM
I have THREE tivos and love 'em.

riderking
12-26-2003, 03:44 PM
how much is it a month

corvette95
12-26-2003, 03:48 PM
$12.95 each per month

MOFO
12-26-2003, 05:31 PM
or $299 for a lifetime subscription... this is what I recieved with it. :D

Oxbow Jimmah
12-26-2003, 05:58 PM
or $299 for a lifetime subscription... this is what I recieved with it.

Life of the unit to be exact!, which means if that one breaks or you upgrade its another 299! Kinda gay to me but I want a tivo myself.

honda350r
12-26-2003, 09:02 PM
The only tivo worth having is a Directtv tivo!! The others are great but nothing beats Direct tv Tivo!! NOTHING !!!

29FTEX
12-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Mine is a DirecTv Tivo, and it's free as long as I keep the Premium package, no matter how many boxes you have. If you have a lesser package, it's $4.99/ month per box. I believe that's correct. :confused:

MOFO
12-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
The only tivo worth having is a Directtv tivo!! The others are great but nothing beats Direct tv Tivo!! NOTHING !!!

Ummm the regular TiVo unit is the same (the ones for people who dont use Direct TV).

cjpoole1
12-27-2003, 02:39 PM
I've had a TIVO with built in DirecTv reciever for about 5 years and absolutely love it.

MOFO
12-27-2003, 02:53 PM
I've noticed something about TiVo...

Either people have no idea what TiVo is and dont have one or if someone knows what it is...they have one and absolutely love it...I've yet to read about someone using TiVo and end up not loving it.

Glow Plug
12-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I've noticed something about TiVo...

Either people have no idea what TiVo is and dont have one or if someone knows what it is...they have one and absolutely love it...I've yet to read about someone using TiVo and end up not loving it.

could you tell me what exactly TIVO does? :huh

MOFO
12-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
could you tell me what exactly TIVO does? :huh

I already posted what it did above... did you not see it?!?!

anyways...

Here, I saved ya from using a search engine... click on this link...it explains all.

http://www.tivo.com/0.0.asp

Glow Plug
12-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I already posted what it did above... did you not see it?!?!

anyways...

Here, I saved ya from using a search engine... click on this link...it explains all.

http://www.tivo.com/0.0.asp

doh :rolleyes: missed that post alright I get it now thanks

honda350r
12-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Ummm the regular TiVo unit is the same (the ones for people who dont use Direct TV).

Sorry, that is not true !!

Your tivo is great but it does not hold a candle to a Direct tv system !!

Does your new series 2 have two tunners? NO !!

Standalone Tivos cannot, and no software update will allow them to. That would require two tuners, two MPEG encoders, and additional inputs that they don't have.

The DirecTV/Tivo combo boxes have dual tuner hardware and with the 2.5 software and two DirecTV inputs can record two things at once.!!!!!

So you see there is a huge difference!!

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?s=
For more info check this site out !

I love Direct tv tivo !!

MOFO
12-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Yea I'm actually a member of there now....found it a few days ago

So you saying the only difference is two tuners? If so, that doesnt seem like a HUGE difference.... besides how many times will I need to record to inputs? I really dont see a need for that... If I want to watch another channel while recording, I can with my current A/V setup.

BTW, no reason to be a dick about it... I never claimed to be a TiVo master....

honda350r
12-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Who is being a dick?

I was just letting people know if you want a TIVO then buy the best !!

Sorry if that makes you feel bad!

You are the one that shot off your mouth with the (UUUMM THEY ARE THE SAME )

I simply replied with good info and get called a dick ?

I can't help that you are simple minded and don't know what you are talking about !!

MOFO
12-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Who is being a dick?

I can't help that you are simple minded and don't know what you are talking about !!

very nice.... :rolleyes:

...and I thought some of the kids on here had problems..

honda350r
12-27-2003, 05:14 PM
very nice.... :rolleyes:

...and I thought some of the kids on here had problems..

You called me a dick remember!

Who's the kid?

MOFO
12-27-2003, 05:23 PM
You called me a dick remember!

Who's the kid?

lets clear this up... I referred to your behavior as to someone that IS a dick. You just keep making my statement more true with every post.

back to topic... the only difference is two tuners??? Ok, big deal... other than that they are the same! besides, I dont want DirectTV service. I'm still wondering what the "big" difference is?

honda350r
12-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Ok I give! You have the best sorry for the post !!

MOFO
12-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok I give! You have the best sorry for the post !!

NOT ONCE DID I MAKE THAT COMMENT, you made the comment about yours being superior...not me...in a kid like fashion I might add. This is getting rediculous...I cant believe your turning this into a "mines better than yours" battle...its just a freakin TiVo unit!!!!!

... the point of this thread was to see how many people use this system. My family has held a large amount of stock in this company for years... as I stated before, it seems like there are alot of people that have not heard of this system. I guess you could say I am doing research about a company that could affect me financially.

I pointed out that the DirectTiVo system is the same as the regular TiVo...besides two tuners....as you pointed out. You started on my back about this...so lets end it. I have asked you twice already, Is there anything else that is different other than 2 tuners ... you have avoided this question.... remember, your the one that "boldy" brought this point up.

corvette95
12-27-2003, 05:54 PM
I have three tivos.. the Direct TV with dual tuner STILL Must be viewed on that ONE tv..so my three tivos with cable beats your one tivo with dual tuner.........

MOFO
12-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by corvette95
I have three tivos.. the Direct TV with dual tuner STILL Must be viewed on that ONE tv..so my three tivos with cable beats your one tivo with dual tuner.........

LMAO, dont get him started... he's got a "TiVo" complex... :devil:

honda350r
12-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by corvette95

HaHa I have two tivos so my 4 tuners beats your 3 tuners !!

Atreyu
12-27-2003, 06:40 PM
I have ReplyTV and it's so damn slow. I'd rather watch normal TV.

Pappy
12-27-2003, 06:56 PM
i have a BFD system and it chits on tivo:huh :blah:

corvette95
12-27-2003, 07:36 PM
But I can watch on 3 tv's you can watch ONLY TWO! hehe