PDA

View Full Version : More CC's...Which one is the best...

400ex4ever
12-26-2003, 08:52 AM
I am looking at getting a big bore kit with 11.1 comp piston this winter for next summer. What one is the best out there as far a reliability? I have seen several other sites saying the 416 or 426 is best because it has less chances to, blow up as they put it, then the 440 kits. Another thing is can it be done at home, with the exception of the bore/sleeve install? Thanks

quadmxracer
12-26-2003, 09:59 AM
I would either go with the 416 or 426 my self. But its what ever you decide is best for you. I have ridden a 440 and I have a 416 right now. I believe for me the 416 was the wisest choice since I wanted a little stronger bottom end - mid range for motocross. Don't get me wrong the 440 is a screamer, but also its less reliable than the other two. To answer your other question yes you can do it at home besides the bore and sleeve (keeping in mind you only need to have your cylinder re-sleeved if you go w/a 440), I assembled mine all back together myself after I have my cylinder bored. I also got a new cam at the same time and had my head ported and polished. But if you have any other questions email me at quadmxracer23@hotmail.com
I hope this helps you.

duneittilludie
12-27-2003, 10:03 AM
quadmxracer-With all else being equal a 440 is going to have better bottom end than a 416 or a 426.As far as reliability goes my wifes 440 has seen many hours of duning over the last two years without a problem and the builder that did our motor has very few problems with them and he has put many of them together.