PDA

View Full Version : need tips..............

slamedsilverado
12-25-2003, 10:58 PM
going to run flat track for the first time .................. what tips can you racers give to help...............

4wheelboy
12-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by slamedsilverado
going to run flat track for the first time .................. what tips can you racers give to help...............

Rubber Side Down:o

LTandRaptorider
12-26-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
Rubber Side Down:o

LMFAO!! That's the best advice...

Go low and wide. All kinds of goodies you can buy, depends on how serious you are about racing flat track. If it's a clay type surface, you'll need flat track tires. Dirt and gravel, you're usually allowed, and can get away with knobbies. I was happy with my Razrs last year in the one flat track I ran. Turf Tamers hook up good, but with a softer tire compound the trade-off is short tire life. pay attention to the track and what lines work best. Generally go to the inside on the turns, as you come out of the turn let your momentum carry you out, you'll fade out to a higher lane, accelerating like a sling shot effect... Hold that lane, or wherever is best, coming in to the next turn you'll swing down sharply to the inside again... repeat this for all four turns... don't let off the gas until you PASS the finish line to take the checker flag! And don't look back to see where other riders are, run your own race. Watch for ruts in the corners, they'll throw you around a little. Good luck, ride safe and let us know how you do! ;)

stupid driver
12-26-2003, 11:45 PM
WFO

thats all i gots to say.

slamedsilverado
12-28-2003, 10:04 PM
ok cool....well after xmas i got a bunch of $$$$ and went and bought fron't and rear lowerin kit,RATH anti-swaybar,10"dougles 190'sw/ housier tires (med soft),tether cord........ can't wait till the start comes........