PDA

View Full Version : a key

fmf400ex03
12-25-2003, 08:36 PM
heard about this key from sparks dont know much about it all i know is that its for stock machines.....was woundering how much its noticed i have a pipe and jets so can i still run it ect?????? so basically what are the ups to it and what are the downs and will it rip

12-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03
heard about this key from sparks dont know much about it all i know is that its for stock machines.....was woundering how much its noticed i have a pipe and jets so can i still run it ect?????? so basically what are the ups to it and what are the downs and will it rip

nice gains down low and also in throttle response...it would run good...the ups are nice gains and throttle response...there is no down except that it will cause extra heat with a high comp piston...which you dont have

ewalker302
12-25-2003, 11:20 PM
I just installed mine, it is sorta a b*tch without air tools to remove the flywheel bolt.

You will also need a new left side case gasket (paper/cheap).
It will get torn when you take it off.

I have a 16t front sprocket installed, & I could tell a little bit of difference on the bottom end, but I dont have my jetting perfect for winter yet.

Basically the key advances the ignition 6 degrees, so your fuel/air mix is a little bit more compressed when the plug fires.

I would reccomend it to anyone.

Just have a friend over.

Don't do it like I did, by myself at night with a big crescent and ratchet/cheater bar.

Also read this:

http://www.exriders.com/techarticles/sparks.html

:bandit: