PDA

View Full Version : are ac nerfs junk?

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 08:31 PM
i am debating on getting ac nerfs. i have a $140 gift cert. to my local atv dealership. i think the only kind of nerfs the dealer can get in is dg and ac. my friend has dg so i wanted to get something else different. i really like the way the ac's look, but i have been told the quality is less and some of the other nerfs. i am willing to spend more than the $140. also, are the pegs replaceable? i don't want the aluminum to wear out and then me be stuck with nerfs that don't grip. any suggestions would be great.

bone705
12-25-2003, 08:46 PM
i think the ac nerfs would be fine. id rather have them than the dg's. the pro-pegs have replaceable peg i think. the regulars just bolt up to ur current footpeg.

12-25-2003, 08:47 PM
heres a pic :blah: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p34a39b9de23abe65c5e36f79f0cc2fc2/fa31d98a.jpg

I had the EXACT same situation. I went ahead and bought the new style nerfs with the kick ups and they are great. The installation is a little hard nothing bad though. I can see barely any wear and ive had them for about 8 months. GREAT NERFS. TIP: when you drill through the black mouting peg run a bolt thorugh and put a locknut on it with alot of lock tight and it wont wobble.

12-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bone705
i think the ac nerfs would be fine. id rather have them than the dg's. the pro-pegs have replaceable peg i think. the regulars just bolt up to ur current footpeg.

nope not a replaceable peg but they dont wear as fast as they used to. They dont wear hardly at all.

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 08:52 PM
so if i go to the dealer to order these, how will i be able to tell if i am ordering the new or old ones?? by the way, what exactly are the "kick ups?" does this come with the nerfs or do you buy it seperately? thanks

12-25-2003, 08:57 PM
What you gotta do is go into the dealer order the nerfs and make sure they have kickups which im sure they will. Here is a pic of the kickups. See those things on the end of the pegs the go up at an angle? those are kickups.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p887e355a29351e54a8249c97af069401/fa31d97d.jpg

Colby@C&DRacing
12-25-2003, 09:38 PM
The newest ac propegs come with the healguard welded on. which then you are forced to run the healguard. I agree with the kickups they are well worth it.

12-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The newest ac propegs come with the healguard welded on. which then you are forced to run the healguard. I agree with the kickups they are well worth it.

ya thats what i have...if i knew how to post a pic i could show u guys...but i dunno how :o ...the healguards arent really that bad...you still have plunty of room:D

Martin Blair
12-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
ya thats what i have...if i knew how to post a pic i could show u guys...but i dunno how :o ...the healguards arent really that bad...you still have plunty of room:D

dont lissen to this kid, hes crazy

12-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
dont lissen to this kid, hes crazy

haha ur funny martin...:p

Martin Blair
12-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
haha ur funny martin...:p

this kid thinks he knows me, waht a crazy sob

12-25-2003, 11:22 PM
this kid thinks he knows me, waht a crazy sob

lol...ok ur not on my racing team nemore :blah: ...lol jj...i jus hope everyone rides like u...ill be garunteed first place :macho :blah: :devil:

Martin Blair
12-25-2003, 11:23 PM
i swaer to go this kid, man someoen is gon half to kill him he is insane

do uyo unredsatnd teh wrdos coming otu of my motuh?

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 11:31 PM
i am not sure if i will like the healguards or not?? i assume you mean guards like those plastic things from the factory besides the ac ones are metal? how much on average do these things run? i have a feeling the dealer won't have an updated book with the new parts. and i don't want to order junk. i wish i could just order them through C&D like my other stuff, but i have to spend this gift certificate.

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 11:32 PM

yeah, i understand the words coming out of your mouth. ;)

12-25-2003, 11:35 PM

nope :confused:

fmf400ex03
01-01-2004, 10:43 PM
i got the acpropeg with the heal gaurds and i love them keeps the mug off the propeg i think so they dont get clogged

redroost85
01-02-2004, 05:37 PM
I am running the regular AC's this year. I had the propegs last year and had problems with them staying tight. On night at the track after coming down hard from a jump, they actually snapped off at the motor mount on the left hand side.

I think I like having the peg and the nerf seperate. At least one of them will stay on the quad...I hope, lol!

Oh yeah, the installation leaves something to be desired, but it's not too bad.:p

Out_Sider
01-02-2004, 05:52 PM
well im looking into getting some regular nerfs soon, but i cant decide between AC and DG....i heard DG is alot easier to install, but i think the ac's look better. waat yall think

AtvMxRider
01-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well im looking into getting some regular nerfs soon, but i cant decide between AC and DG....i heard DG is alot easier to install, but i think the ac's look better. waat yall think

Get AC you will be much happier. DG's are junk.

LathersR
01-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I am running the regular AC's this year. I had the propegs last year and had problems with them staying tight. On night at the track after coming down hard from a jump, they actually snapped off at the motor mount on the left hand side.

I think I like having the peg and the nerf seperate. At least one of them will stay on the quad...I hope, lol!

Oh yeah, the installation leaves something to be desired, but it's not too bad.:p

haha same thing happened to me this year.. but their nerf's are stronger, and the propeg's do not wear as quick as they did...