PDA

View Full Version : Washing Gear

EXrider03
12-25-2003, 07:10 PM
i just got a brand new set of fox gear for christmas. i would like too know how too clean it too keep it looking new, i like for my stuff too look new as best as i can. so can you wash it in waching machine? maybe spray some kind of cleaner on it??? any tips are usefull, thanks!

250EXking
12-25-2003, 07:41 PM
my mom works at the dry cleaners. she uses special stuff to make my gear look all pretty.:D ill ask her what she does and ill get back to you dude.

EXrider03
12-25-2003, 07:53 PM
ok just pm me! anyone have any other tips?????????

ReconRider25
12-25-2003, 07:55 PM
i follow the directions on the tags......:o

Woodsrider
12-26-2003, 12:26 AM
Spray the big mud off with the hose while you wash the quad. Then pre treat all the stains with Castrol Super Clean and wash in the machine according to the tags. DO NOT machine dry, hang 'em in the shower next to your moms pantie hose.:D

250EXking
12-26-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Spray the big mud off with the hose while you wash the quad. Then pre treat all the stains with Castrol Super Clean and wash in the machine according to the tags. DO NOT machine dry, hang 'em in the shower next to your moms pantie hose.:D

yep thats how mine get done. get most of the mud off with the hose. then treat them and wash them and then let them air dry.

redroost85
12-26-2003, 03:57 PM
If my gear is really muddy, I use a garden hose first to get most of the crap off. Then I go in town to use the washing machines so I don't get any crap in my own machine, lol! Gosh, they must hate me everytime I come in there with my riding clothes!

I use a little (half cup) of Zerex and cold water wash, then air dry. Works for me.:)

Juggalo
12-27-2003, 12:34 AM
tide liquid detergent seems to work best on my gear,