View Full Version : swingarm pivot bolt

One_Bad_400
12-25-2003, 05:43 PM
my swingarm pivot bolt wont come out, what do yall do to get it out??

ive ben banging on it for a few days and it hasent budged

Juggalo
12-25-2003, 06:06 PM
good luck man. i soaked mine in pb blaster and pounded on it for days with everything from a rubber mallet all the way up to an 8 lb sledge with no luck. finally i just had to cut it out with a cutting torch!

Dave400ex
12-25-2003, 06:07 PM
If it just won't move, some guys have had to cut theirs out!

12-25-2003, 08:09 PM
I got mine out but most people have to get it cut. Good luck use a punch and a sledge

bone705
12-25-2003, 08:48 PM
we had that problem with my friends lt250. we ended up setting the whole quad on its side and sprayed wd-40 down in there. he let it soak for a day and then beated it out.

zfire_28
12-26-2003, 03:22 AM
It took a week of soaking mine in Kroil oil, and banging the hell out of it to get mine out.

Do a search........Alot of people on here have had the same problem.

12-26-2003, 07:35 AM
:(

Find someone with a plasma cutter and save yourself the headache..:eek2:

400exBro
12-26-2003, 08:53 AM
i had the same problem with mine this winter, it would not move at all not one bit, a lot of lubircant and what not and still we couldn't get it to move... We were about to cut it off but before we did we tried an air hammer, and we got it to come out, it was a lot easier to use the air hammer to get it out then it was to cut it...
i highly suggust using that method it worked great, and wasn't has hard to do...

12-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
i had the same problem with mine this winter, it would not move at all not one bit, a lot of lubircant and what not and still we couldn't get it to move... We were about to cut it off but before we did we tried an air hammer, and we got it to come out, it was a lot easier to use the air hammer to get it out then it was to cut it...
i highly suggust using that method it worked great, and wasn't has hard to do...

Tried that on mine too and it worked about as good as the hammer, the sledge, the soakin down, etc, etc. If it's seized and seized good cutting it out is the ONLY option...:mad:

mntly_imptnt
12-26-2003, 12:37 PM
this may sound stupid to some, but i had my dunce hat on the day i tried to remove mine. so i beat and banged with no avail. then after i had screwed up the bolt head real good, i had my wife pull up on the grab bar a little. and to my surprise with ONE swift hit, it came fling out. when it was on a jack stand and on the ground, it had to much pressure on it. i hope this helps. by the way if you do screw it up check out service honda for the replacement @ like $22. good luck!

cdalejef
12-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Once you get it out, I modify stock bolts and make them greasable so this won't happen again.

Dave400ex
12-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Jeff how much does that run?