PDA

View Full Version : yzf shocks fit ex?

Holeshot36
12-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Will stock yzf 450 front shocks fit a 400ex or can i just change bushings? I haven't heard of them fiting but found a great deal on some new yzf shocks so thought i would ask just in case, hopefully they will thanks.

AlaskaSpeed
12-25-2003, 04:42 PM
EVEN IF you are able to bolt them in, the valving will be all off and you would be better off without them......JIM

BSTURDIVANT
12-25-2003, 05:06 PM
YFZ shocks are too wide at the top for the 400EX mount.

12-25-2003, 05:10 PM
i would just keep those stockers or whatver you have on there now...these probably wont be too well & I dont even think they are that GREAT on a YFZ...they are still better than most stockers, they have alot of hype. keep saving & get some works or something ;)

zfire_28
12-26-2003, 03:35 AM
IMO stock yfz shocks are very good shocks, hands down better than most works shocks that i have ridden on, and after santo gets his hands on them they are on par with high $$$ shocks,................... but no they will not fit on your ex;)

Santo DeRisi
01-05-2004, 10:46 PM
The stock YFZ shocks can be made to work great!
As far as them working on a TRX they will not b/c the length is wrong and also a few other things.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by zfire_28
IMO stock yfz shocks are very good shocks, hands down better than most works shocks that i have ridden on, and after santo gets his hands on them they are on par with high $$$ shocks,................... but no they will not fit on your ex;)

....and that sums it up:macho

01-06-2004, 12:20 PM
my works w/o rezzies are much better than these when thye are in stock form off the dealer floor....now give them to santo & then give mine to santo I still think mine will be better....as a matter of fact, im sending my works to get the pro millenium revalve kit....is this any good.? will I really be able to notice them? my works are almost brand new but I think they could still be better...should I just wait untill my works need a revalve to do this or go ahead & do it?

01-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey BSTURDIVANT you got your Yfz 495 done yet?