PDA

View Full Version : How much MUD??

freebird
12-25-2003, 04:12 PM
HI All couldn't resist a little Christmass morning ride today....WOW was it muddy today!! There wasn't many real deep puddles but the mud was pretty loose...anyway my question is this...can riding in some serious mud hurt anything (Seals etc..). I cleaned it real well but now when I roll the machine back and forth a hear a slight gritty grinding sound...I can't tell if it is comming from the rotors or the main seals....Any special maintenance issues to address after a good mud ride??

Thanks
Chris

Pappy
12-25-2003, 04:14 PM
clean it again and again...then stand the quad up and get what you missed.

check for mud in every possible location...cuz it WILL get into areas and wont come off.

checl the calipers for packed mud along with lubing everything normally or maybe a bit more often ...mud wont kill a quad:)

ReconRider25
12-25-2003, 09:54 PM
sounds like you got mud in ur bearings....take em out, clean, and lube.;)

michigan rider
12-28-2003, 06:44 PM
how about your chain?

Bob-Hobo
12-29-2003, 12:27 PM
As for the chain, take a brush and some wd and scrub it down real good, then clean it off. Ride it around for a few minutes then lube the chain. The chain manufacturers recommend that the chan has been warmed up for 5 minutes before you lube it.

quadrider400
12-30-2003, 12:47 AM
Could just be some crap on the disk and brake pads ... hard to get it out of there and really not a big deal.....

However, make sure you check your carrirer at least once a year if you do much mud/water riding... ask me how I know....:eek2: