PDA

View Full Version : Header ?

ride_red_5400ex
12-25-2003, 02:32 PM
What would be the best header for my CT Slip-on

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 07:20 PM
not too many headers fit slip on silencers because there is a different diameter where the header meets the rear section on slip on vs complete exhausts. however, the powerbong and pro circuit headers fit slip on silencers. however, don't expect a gain. the stock headers are pretty good and money can be spent elsewhere for more performance.

RAPTORAZ
12-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Grinding the welds inside the stock header makes it as good or better than most aftermarket headers. Especially for a stock engine.

Toadz400
12-27-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by RAPTORAZ
Grinding the welds inside the stock header makes it as good or better than most aftermarket headers. Especially for a stock engine.

Would grinding the welds actually give that much performance?:confused: I hear some people say that it gives some low end, but not that much noticeable "power", and some say stuff like this that it's almost better than aftermarket headers.

And how can I find these welds? I looked on the inside of mine when I was cleaning my headpipe, and I don't see any bumps or anything that would represent "welds", so I'm assuming that the guy before me must've grinded them off.

cals400ex
12-27-2003, 12:20 PM
you won't notice much. i just did it for something to do. these small weld beads are in the two pipes that go into the head. they can't be in the pipe an inch or so.