PDA

View Full Version : Help

Out_Sider
12-25-2003, 01:05 PM
i posted a help thing in the powertrain thing and no one answered. so i tried to install the tether myself and something messed up. i made a lil cut in the key switch and put the black wire on it, then touched the white line on the handlebar and it started sparking. and Now nothing on the handlebars works! it wont start or nothing. but it will start if u put a screw driver on the starter solinoid but then u have to take the spark plug cover thing off for it to turn off. so what happend? i wish someone would have answered me so that i wouldnt have funked up my 4 wheeler :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Out_Sider
12-25-2003, 06:13 PM
well.....its fixed. all i did was blew a fuse........no big deal, but i still need some help on installing this thing..i didnt really have time after the family came over, but tomarrow im puttin on my new tires and installing the kill switch..and im gonna go riding with my friend (stonerider250x) tomarrow. SO i'll see how the Razrs perform;)

JOEX
12-25-2003, 10:27 PM
How many wires does the kill switch have?

On the 400 if there are two, one goes to a ground and the other goes to the positive side of the coil.

Sorry, I don't remember the color of the wire off hand, look in the FAQ section or the tech section. The info is there somewhere.

Joe