PDA

View Full Version : works shocks

dork
12-25-2003, 10:50 AM
on my friends 300ex, he has works fronts. there is a steel sleeve that is pressed into the bottom mount, then the stock spacers go into it. the problem is that the steel sleeve is ovaled causing up and down play.

has anyone had this problem with their works shocks? and are those steel sleeves available for replacement? i'm guessing my friend ran the mount bolts loose, even though he claims he didn't.

12-25-2003, 04:05 PM
i have some works shocks & I don't know what you are talking about :huh ??? the spring in my fronts aren't on there super tight nor are they supposed to be, they do move around in circles & stuff so there is a small amount of play in them

dork
12-25-2003, 05:22 PM
i'm not talking about the spring. i'm talking about the bottom mount that attaches to the lower a arm. there's a steel sleeve in this lower mount, the 2 spacers (that the bolt goes through) fit in the sleeve. its this sleeve thats worn, so when the front end is picked up there's slop.

toby400ex
12-25-2003, 05:43 PM
If you wanna know where to get new ones just call works or who ever he got the shocks from. Those are the bushings, i dunno how to take em out though.

BigAl
12-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Those steel sleeves, are aluminum on all the works shocks I've seen.

The bushing is just a piece of 3/4"(?) poly hose, the clear kind.

You can get that hose at a TSC or maybe Lowe's, and replace the bushings yourself, or you can call works and get a complete kit for a few dollars.

bone705
12-25-2003, 09:01 PM
i had to replace my bushing on my works. i called works and i think it cost like 20 becasue that is there minium.