PDA

View Full Version : A litttle pissed off...

Sportrax10
12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
When I was younger, maybe 5 years ago. I was on a ride being pulled behind a boat. The thing I was pulled on broke and the guy backed into me and my sisters with the boat. The propeller cut my leg up in three differant places leaving these big scars I still have today. Well my parents sued the business to invest the money, about $7,500. The lawyer who was suppose to invest the money took himself an extra $400 without anyone knowing, and then never invested it. So all these years when the money was suppose to be adding interest it has been getting taxes taken out of it and I lost almost $2,000. If it was invested I would have about $14,00 right now.:grr: :mad: :cuss:

At least the money I do get will go towards my new trx450r...:o

TheX1992
12-25-2003, 10:47 AM
that doesnt sound to right to me. check into that. see if him taking the money w/o anyone knowing is even legal...

Atreyu
12-25-2003, 10:52 AM
That really sucks dude..just kill the guy. :cool:

Out_Sider
12-25-2003, 10:55 AM
sue that dude...

LTandRaptorider
12-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu

yep... bury the body, then bury the shovel... ;)

popo
12-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
sue that dude...

That means he will get ripped off again, paying another Attorney to sue another one.

Out_Sider
12-25-2003, 11:16 AM
o...lol

Sportrax10
12-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Yea, im screwed...:grr:

flyin#5
12-25-2003, 11:59 AM
the guy is used to fighting in courts. go kick the living $H!T outta him!!!!!!!! what is he gonna bring you to court? haha, i think not, then you can just tell them how he "forgot" to invest your money. if i lost 2 grand becuase of some idiot i wouldnt let his butt walk away, let him know why you dont screw people over.

416exmx
12-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

would you then have to bury the shovel that you used to bury the first shovel with???

MOFO
12-25-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
would you then have to bury the shovel that you used to bury the first shovel with???

yea but then you would have to bury the shovel you used to dig the hole for the first shovel that you used to dig the hole of the guy you killed.... this could turn into a viscous cycle! :D

Pappy
12-25-2003, 03:22 PM
shovel? digging?

yall work too much. i just throw the bodies in the hog pen. in a few days there isnt anything left :cool:

LTandRaptorider
12-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
yea but then you would have to bury the shovel you used to dig the hole for the first shovel that you used to dig the hole of the guy you killed.... this could turn into a viscous cycle! :D

Keeps you in shape for racing! :D

Course you'd be too busy burying shovels to race... :confused:

12-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
When I was younger, maybe 5 years ago. I was on a ride being pulled behind a boat. The thing I was pulled on broke and the guy backed into me and my sisters with the boat. The propeller cut my leg up in three differant places leaving these big scars I still have today. Well my parents sued the business to invest the money, about $7,500. The lawyer who was suppose to invest the money took himself an extra $400 without anyone knowing, and then never invested it. So all these years when the money was suppose to be adding interest it has been getting taxes taken out of it and I lost almost $2,000. If it was invested I would have about $14,00 right now.:grr: :mad: :cuss:

I always tell everyone how dangerous boats can be, sorry to hear about your incident.

4wheelboy
12-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu

yea pretty much somes it up. need help:confused:

:blah:

WhiteBros400ex
12-25-2003, 03:57 PM
That really suck you should call another lawyer and find otu what u can do and see if theres away to get the 2 grand back.

Tommy 17
12-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
shovel? digging?

yall work too much. i just throw the bodies in the hog pen. in a few days there isnt anything left :cool:

why do i have this feelin u know from personal experience:eek: :blah: haha j.k pappy

AlaskaSpeed
12-25-2003, 04:02 PM

.......another sad lawyer story. This kind of story is what averages out the other lawsuit happy freaks that actually get big payouts.

TheX1992
12-25-2003, 04:14 PM
remind him how easily brake lines tend to 'go out'. you could always keep him scared without doing any of that stuff so you can stay legal.

Woodsrider
12-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
shovel? digging?

Yup! that the way them Canadian rapests do it up on Vancuver Island:devil:

ewalker302
12-26-2003, 01:03 AM
No you should go after the guy.

You or your parents should have paperwork signed/noterized saying what was going to be done with the money if this was taken to court, maybe there are records at the courthouse. If so sue his ***, at least file a complaint on his ***, whatever you can do.

If you just had a verbal/handshake agreement, then well sorry you or your parents should have known better.

Why the hell would you have your lawyer invest the money anyway??

For the last 5 years you havent checked once to see how your "investment" was doing?

Was this supposed to be like your college fund or something??

From what you have said, if you have documentation, a jury may award you more than than the 14 grand you may have got.

:bandit:

nifty450
12-26-2003, 07:38 AM
yeah what he said

LTandRaptorider
12-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by nifty450
yeah what he said

And if that doesn't work, there's always Pappy's idea...

Lawyers get me fired up... makes me think of my favorite line... ' time to f**k the f*****g f*****s'... Ahhh... my vocabulary skills never cease to amaze me... :devil:

89'350RX
12-26-2003, 11:11 AM
I gotta boat you can borrow...take that lawyer for a spin, maybe even skiing :)

Sportrax10
12-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Well, thanks for the suggestions. I think im just gonna take what I have though. Get a new quad, and put whatever I have left into a truck...a cheap truck...

MOFO
12-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Well, thanks for the suggestions. I think im just gonna take what I have though. Get a new quad, and put whatever I have left into a truck...a cheap truck...

WTF? Someone takes your money, screws up with the investment (even though I'm lost as to why a lawyer was in charge of this) and your just gonna bend over and take it ?!?!

something tells me we are missing some of the details on this whole story...

Sportrax10
12-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
WTF? Someone takes your money, screws up with the investment (even though I'm lost as to why a lawyer was in charge of this) and your just gonna bend over and take it ?!?!

something tells me we are missing some of the details on this whole story...
Read what Popo said...:o

Sportrax10
12-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Also, im only 15 and I dont think my parents want to go through all that... im just glad ill be able to get my new quad.

MOFO
12-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Read what Popo said...:o

I did... makes no sense to me...

When you file your complaint or suit, you factor in your lawyer fee's to pay for your legal team.

If someone did this to me, the only thing on my mind would be getting my money back and making sure the person responsible is punished (either in the wallet or by law).

ewalker302
12-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah,

Just scarred for life, ripped off, taken advantage of, & a little pissed off.

But hey your' gettin a quad right.

If It was me, a new quad wouldn't mean jack sh*t!!

:bandit:

Guy400
12-26-2003, 07:50 PM
I'm lost. How did you get taxed $2000 on a $7500 lump sum? If it's just sitting in a bank account somewhere than it's not considered income therefore you should have no tax on it or relatively little tax. You probably got taxed pretty nicely when you received the money because it would probably be considered a capital gain and be subject to that tax but after that, that's it. There's more holes in this story than swiss cheese:huh

Sportrax10
12-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I'm lost. How did you get taxed $2000 on a $7500 lump sum? If it's just sitting in a bank account somewhere than it's not considered income therefore you should have no tax on it or relatively little tax. You probably got taxed pretty nicely when you received the money because it would probably be considered a capital gain and be subject to that tax but after that, that's it. There's more holes in this story than swiss cheese:huh

LOL I dont know too much, just know that im getting less money they I should have... I really dont know much about banking and stuff of that matter...

kicken250x
12-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

naah thats to obvious! get a wood chipper and head out to a river and toss his *** in! no one will ever know...other that all the blood on the chipper...:o

(no ive never done it lol but i have heard of the mofia(sp?) guys doing that crazy chit!:eek: