PDA

View Full Version : Exhuasts

07-26-2001, 08:07 PM
Im looking for a good performance exuast for my 400 but i live in a populated area were sound levels are pretty important i was lookin at basically all of the brands (DMC, WB, Yoshi, FMF and so on) I want a medium quiet exhuast but a good kick. Any suggestions?????

07-26-2001, 08:28 PM
if noise is the case go with the white brothers with quiet core insert

RideRed04
07-26-2001, 09:26 PM
This topic should go strait to the best of forum, it is asked all the time! How is the preformance of the wb with the quiet core? I have heard that it brings it to the level of a stocker, and I have heard it doesnt hurt the preformance at all.

Leo
07-26-2001, 09:29 PM
If someone types up a well written, accurate, reply... then it will get moved to the "best of" forum.

It needs to be one of the "best" replies to get moved though :D

Leo

2001250ex
07-27-2001, 08:03 AM
i have a mojave with a wb on it and it sound good wit the quiet core insert and it has a lil rumbel adn it does get it some POWER you always have to have power but where i live i took my muffler off of my 250 ex and it was loud as heck.....:cool:

300exrider99
07-27-2001, 08:42 AM
I have a supertrapp IDS2 (quiet series) on my 300ex and it's not too loud but it still has that mean sounding rumble. I noticed most of my gains in the low and mid ranges. I realy didn't feel any difference in the top end.

400exBro
07-27-2001, 10:34 AM
Get the WB s-bend and K&N kilter kit and you ll be all set to burn some rubber :D

The400exExorcist
07-28-2001, 07:25 AM
Well if the sound level is important to you don't get the White Brothers,Big Gun etc.......... I think you may want to try the supertrapp E.A.R series they seem to be very quiet and give a very noticeable increase in performance.
Hope this helps.

The400exExorcist

4punksdad
07-28-2001, 06:47 PM
I suggest a modification to your stock silencer. check out Gabes web page for some ideas. http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/silencer.htm

I cut the spark arrestor screen off, then reached inside the silencer & blew out about 99% of the last baffle plate. Then I reinstalled the end cap. That combined with airbox & sprocket mods has given my 400EX a very low dollar power surge without giving me a headache :)

smokin01'400
07-29-2001, 09:54 AM
i used to take the end cap off my stock silencer on my 400 all the time to piss the nieghbors off. i didnt notice and gains anywhere except for noise, but it was fun to do until i snapped off one of the 3 bolts holding it on, anyone know how to get it out? my quad is at the dealer out in Honsedale and maybe he could drill it out for me and put a new one in?

Also about the pipe contrevorsy, i think the PC T-4 is the best, someone on this forum said a little while ago that WB is quieter than PC. not true, my friend has a WB on his 300ex with a quiet core and it was way louder than any pipe i heard. we have a local riding spot near me and alot of skilled riders go down there and the majority of them ride 400's and they have tried every pipe you could think of, and they recommended PC to me.

Dave400ex
07-29-2001, 06:26 PM
Check out the Sparks X-4 exhaust. The X-4 is for stock motors so if you plan on doing a 416 or 440 kit some time I would get the X-6 exhaust. The X-4 won the ATV Sport shootout with a total of 27.8 horsepower beating the White Brothers 27.6 horsepower. Plus the X-4 is lighter at 7.5 pounds to White Brothers 9.5 pounds. I would check out Sparksracing.com and get a Sparks exhaust. I don`t think you will be upset with your perchase.