PDA

View Full Version : Offset Rims

DaveEX7
12-24-2003, 08:29 PM
I didnt see a specific forum for this subject so Il just put it here.

I wanna order ITP T9 Pro Offset Race wheels. My friends say that they will give you an inch or 2 on both sides? (This is for the rear)

I wanted to order either 8x8.5 or 9x9's.... which one will I get more of an extension on?

QuadJunkies
12-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DaveEX7
I didnt see a specific forum for this subject so Il just put it here.

I wanna order ITP T9 Pro Offset Race wheels. My friends say that they will give you an inch or 2 on both sides? (This is for the rear)

I wanted to order either 8x8.5 or 9x9's.... which one will I get more of an extension on? Alot dont agree with this, but I for one have aset of 2/4 offset and they do ok. My kids also have 2/4 offset and it works GREAT for the minis........:macho I have notice alot more pull with mine, but I hope to son get A-Arms and fix that problem.....:D what kind of riding will they be used for I guess whats a major factor here.?

DaveEX7
12-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Il be doing MX, and when theres not races, for trail riding.

QuadJunkies
12-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by DaveEX7
Il be doing MX, and when theres not races, for trail riding. WEll, for me........Im not a huge air jumper Ill prol be ok. BUT for anyone doing big air and hard landings,plus its an "artificial width" so it creates bumpsteer....Ive heard its not a good idea to do do............ I do feel a difference but its an OK fix for me but Im going to have to fix mine cause I plan to get my "AIRTIME:macho " this year.........:blah: most will agree if you MX dont go with an offset rim........... :)

DaveEX7
12-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks QJ!

Since people told me that its a solution to extending the quad without haveing to spend $200 more to buy an axel to get the same length, I figured itd be a good investment.

I think Il still get them, cause I already have the axel and if it doesnt increase length, itl make it look nicer!

DaveEX7
12-25-2003, 07:55 AM
Bump.