PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks spring question

Kilabanshee
12-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah i just got works tripple rate shocks and noticed that the bottom spring kinda moves is that normall???

12-24-2003, 05:11 PM
yah..mine does too ever since i first got them brand new...they are supposed to be like that ;)

Kilabanshee
12-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah thats what i thought thanks alot!!!

Colby@C&DRacing
12-25-2003, 09:20 PM
The preload is set light, as long as the spring does not rattle around you are fine

Kilabanshee
12-26-2003, 08:19 AM
Yup no rattle..... Iam sending my back shock soon out to santo getting a dual rate put in and proboly a pro millenium up in my works.

fasterz
12-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The preload is set light, as long as the spring does not rattle around you are fine
ur better off sellin the work and gettin a higher quality shock, cuz i know for me the work just werent gonan cut it, the shafts are skinny and the springs are so like cheapy and thin, their just not good shocks...but thats my opinion and yes i did own them and sold them after like 2 rides

Kilabanshee
12-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Well santo derisi is running works shocks that are rebuilt and he hes keeping up with all them elka, axis guys hes a great rider though. I'm racing xc soo the shocks should work pretty good with me didnot have to hard of a time on my stocks soo eather way iam gonna be happy. Iam sending my back one to santo getting the dual rate and it should handel pretty well after that.