PDA

View Full Version : Is there a big difference between axis and ohlins

atvrulz
12-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Is there a big difference between axis and ohlin shocks? I currently have ohlins and i like them, but I have never rode a quad with axis, elkas or peps. If your going spend time and money to go and race mx and hairscrambles, are you at a big disadvantage, if you do not have shocks from one of the big three?
thanks

416exmx
12-24-2003, 04:44 PM
you could have all the best stuff they make, but if you cant ride, it still aint gonna make you any faster. I have had works, ohlins, tcs, pep, elka, and axis. I just swithced back to elka from axis. i like elka the best. i felt that tcs, elka, and axis performed pretty much the same to a certian extent. pep are good shocks also. the ohlins i had were non zps so i cant really compare them to the others. works is a good afforadable shock to step-up up to from stockers.

as soon as i went to a zps/ssd shock i did notice that i did improve on lap times. you have better controll on a mx track with zps/ssd, harescrables, i have no idea. anyway, you can spend the big bucks on suspension, but you are not going to get that much out of them unless you can REALLY ride.

4TraxRider
12-24-2003, 05:22 PM
I had a set of Ohlins ZPS on the front of my MX EX last year and loved them, and everyone who rode on them loved them as well. I feel teh top of teh line Ohlins compare favorably to Axis and the others.

atvrulz
12-24-2003, 10:16 PM
I think i will keep my stock ohlins that are on my cannondale moto then, instead of selling them, and then just get them adjusted to zero preload then. thanks for the input.