PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

SSracingNY
12-24-2003, 03:28 PM
I have a 02 Blaster now but im lookin to step it up. I think i want a banshee. I know the parts are like double as other quads. Im 6' and 155lbs. Ive been riding for 11 yrs and ridden a large variety of machines. My friend had a shee and i fell in love. I do some trail riding but the trails are loggen roads so they are pretty wide, plus theres a lot of fields and some roads. I also go to tracks some times but not much that i need suspention work done. I love the heart throbbing, set back, pant sh*ttin thrill. The only thing is the price of the quad and the parts. How often is a top end need a rebuild on these and the clutch? Im pretty good on the maitnence so its not a biggie. The biggie is the money. Also those of you who have Banshees, How do you like them and what kinda riding do you do. Thanks

Toadz400
12-24-2003, 03:37 PM
omg i can't begin to tell you how much i love my banshee:D

i would get one if i were you, sounds like the kind of riding you do is perfect for a banshee. and since you are good on maintanence, the banshee should last you a long time. i heard rebuild the top end every 2 years if you ride hard...but my friend has a 94 banshee never been rebuilt, and i think now it is time for a new rebuild.

and as for the clutch, i haven't heard much on how long you should wait before replacing it? just get a Hinson and it should be good for awhile...

and as for the kind of riding i do, i do a lot of open riding and woods. for the woods at my friend's house where it's super tight, i use my 400ex, but at my house the banshee is really nice because there's a lot of open areas where i can really hit that kick***** super-addictive powerband! oh and also my friend has a corn field in front of his house that we drag in:devil: