PDA

View Full Version : Oh *****

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Just got done from a nice day of riding... here are some pics.

(make sure to look at them all..)

-jump

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Some wheelies

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Heh... self explanitory...
It continued on then fell over on the right side. Look at the next pic.

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Anyone have an upper a-arm for sale?

kc 300EX
02-18-2002, 03:15 PM
that seems to be a common problem on a lot of banshees ive seen.........
maybe try welding it or sumthing? make it stronger, i dunno, that happened to like 3 Banshees at the Flat track races i was in......

CranMan
02-18-2002, 03:38 PM
If that happend when you fell off from that wheelie....that's sad dude. I've flipped my EX hard at a MX track, had it on it's side more than once, and never had a major problem like that. Ride Red Bro!!!

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 03:49 PM
It came over on it's side, and must've hit on the top of the wheel.. thus bendin it like that.
I dunno though, it might've already been bent a little, I've been havin a little trouble with the steering since I got it. I've only flipped it one other time.
It's $120 for a new one, but I guess I could have my uncle weld it... think that's a bad idea?

worm
02-18-2002, 04:40 PM
i have an upper raptor arm.... are they the same?

BANSHEEadam
02-18-2002, 07:05 PM
We're gonna try heatin it up, bendin it, then gusseting it. If that doesn't work.. well they don't cost too much. thanks though worm

Guy400
02-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Sometimes the bike hits wrong and you can't explain why things bend sometimes and not other times. I rolled my old '92 LT250R about 10 times over on a hillclimb. The only thing that bent was a small piece of flat steel that goes between the tie rod and the spindle. Another guy I ride with flopped his bike over trying to cross a downed tree on an angle. The bike came up and over landing on it's top and the dirt was seemingly soft. When we righted his bike we found the the steering stem bent at the clamp plate. To watch these 2 wrecks you'd swear that my bike should've been totaled but somehow it survived relatively unharmed.

I wouldn't sweat it dude. Check ebay for an upper a-arm. When you heat it to straighten it you risk weakening the metal which will make it prone to bending again on an even easier hit. You'd be better off just replacing it.

d33pt
02-19-2002, 04:06 PM
sorry about your A arm.. nice action shots tho.. were those video caps?

BANSHEEadam
02-19-2002, 06:44 PM
No those are pics from my digital camera. I put it on the multiple picture setting or whatever, where it takes 16 shots in a row. Then I just cut and pasted.

BANSHEEadam
02-23-2002, 09:58 PM
Get this crap.... my dad went out to the shed a couple nights ago to heat that puppy up. He's standin there with his torch heatin it up, then he knocks somethin to the ground so he stoops over to pick it up and he said it sounded like a shotgun went off by his ear... the cap over the ball joint must've had some kind of gas or somethin in there.. anyway it blew the cap through the roof of our shed. Kind of funny, but if he had been over top of it still... well you can see where that would pose a problem.

..just thought I'd share that with you all. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow, if I remember.

anyone know wtf was inside that thing?

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 01:31 PM
The grease inside may have just heated up to much and expanded.

beerock
02-24-2002, 02:33 PM
like I said yamaha frames and a-arms and swingarms are CRAP!!!!

if you want a banshee a-arm get a hold of me, I can get you one.

my friend has tons of banshee a-arms from his hop up shop(he keeps the stock ones.

trx400ex
02-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by beerock
like I said yamaha frames and a-arms and swingarms are CRAP!!!!

if you want a banshee a-arm get a hold of me, I can get you one.

my friend has tons of banshee a-arms from his hop up shop(he keeps the stock ones.
so are my honda componets:rolleyes:

breaks-alot
03-01-2002, 01:06 PM
trx400ex: You are 100% right! I mean there not as bad as yamaha but *****, i have to let off during practicing just so i can ride the next day with out having to put 20-200 dollers into it. I guess my next bike will have to ALL aftermarket. Or have mark(baldwin) just be my "mechanic on a leash" sorta like how spader has Paul Turner. Thats just about what i need.... Is like 2 bikes, One for each moto.
So Adam don't worry about that a-arm just be happy that u can still pop wheelies with you shee.

(p.s this is Ben... i just have a new name)

bluebaron
03-03-2002, 09:52 PM
that happen to my shee's j arms. but from hittin a tree. try look on ebay. we pad $120 but a week later i was looking on ebay and found a set of 2 for $10!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

BANSHEEadam
03-05-2002, 02:53 PM
Well the one I had bought is on it's way back to the dealer. I'm buyin some aftermarket ones... anyone know about American Star Racing a-arms? Best prices i've seen.. don't know if they have them for banshees though. How about the ones from Alba? Krypton? What else can I get for 500 or so, preferrably less?

trx400ex
03-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by breaks-alot
trx400ex: You are 100% right! I mean there not as bad as yamaha but *****, i have to let off during practicing just so i can ride the next day with out having to put 20-200 dollers into it. I guess my next bike will have to ALL aftermarket. Or have mark(baldwin) just be my "mechanic on a leash" sorta like how spader has Paul Turner. Thats just about what i need.... Is like 2 bikes, One for each moto.
So Adam don't worry about that a-arm just be happy that u can still pop wheelies with you shee.

(p.s this is Ben... i just have a new name)

what all have you broke so far?

i havent broke as much as some people , but ive put away carriers, aarms, a frame and a couple steering stems, and maybe(i hope not) a subframe

breaks-alot
03-07-2002, 11:50 AM
You got me on the frame. I only crack mine haven't needed a new one yet. The weird thing is that most of everything I break or bend is in the rear. I got the skid plate badly, 2 chains, 2 D.I.D x-ring master links broke, 3 hubs, tweaked axle, really really bad stock 400 rim, both beadlocks messed up, sub frame is definitely not lined up, stock tool box ripped off (one tire wheelie lessons lol) and for the rest all I got is twisted-bent steering stem, 2 stock 400 bars, bent my steel kromelight bumper badly, and both nerfs are ready for replacement after one or to more wrecks. Most of it is my fault though. I wish all of this happened on one big wreck but like everything seems to break at a different time to ruin my day. Good thing its nothing to expensive like a-arms, thank god for that! I’m only 15! I wouldn’t be able to ride for months! I’m also glad I didn’t get the raptor like I wanted to, the damn thing wouldn’t of took half the abuse I give my loyal 400. But I guess to be fast you have to go beyond the limits of your machine……

Ben #16