PDA

View Full Version : How to put on grafix kits

hondaex03
12-24-2003, 08:25 AM
What is the best way to put a grafix kit on my 400ex?:confused:

seatec
12-24-2003, 08:45 AM
what i usually do i spray some windex on the plastic after i completely cleaned and degreased it. THat way you can put the graphics on and move them around. after they sit where they should i squeagee the windex out from under the sticker. voila. perfect graphics.

300exOH
12-24-2003, 08:46 AM
You can also use a spray bottle full of water and a couple drops of dish soap. The windex may evaporate too fast especially if it's warm or sunny.

toby400ex
12-24-2003, 10:39 PM
the same way all the threads describe if u use the "SEARCH" option

mxgirl
01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Make sure your surface is as clean and wax free. Mist some water, from a spray bottle, onto the back of your graphics then position them and squeegee out the water. Try to avoid windex or other ammonia based products as that will effect the adhesive on the graphics. If you're applying around corners or compound curves, work from the center of the graphics out. This usually works good for us (brmoffroad.com).

RytM1
01-24-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by mxgirl
..... If you're applying around corners or compound curves, work from the center of the graphics out. This usually works good for us (brmoffroad.com).
To expand on this, once you are done squeegeeing the excess water out, get a hair dryer, and heat them up (low heat is fine). Work from the center outward. You will see the graphics "shrink" and mold to the curves better.