PDA

View Full Version : Swelling

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Anybody here get there eyebrow pierced. if you did, did you get a bruise and some blackish blue discoloration and for how long. just waned to know how long it lasts.

LathersR
12-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Yea one my best friends got his done, you will usually get a lil black and blue up there for a couple days and swelling should go away hthe first day, also you might get some dry skin around that area... clean it often too.

TheX1992
12-24-2003, 11:23 AM
i had mine done last year. it never turned black and blue, but the swelling was horrible. the barbell was so short that the ride home from the parlor hurt like hell because the skin was pushing against the 2 metal balls. it goes down after a day or 2. you can never put on too much bacatrine (neosporine). make sure to keep it clean. always clean those crusties out. NEVER move it with those 'crusties' on it (scratches the inside of the piercing and it hurts to high heaven). 9 times out of 10 they reject though. its not like an ear piercing where its all the way through the organ. it goes in then back out (same with bellybutton). so if you see it starting to pull out, take it out and get it redone. if you let it fully reject, you be left with one nasty scar lol.

hope this helped

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-24-2003, 11:32 AM
I got it done saturday and barely noticed some swelling but 2day i notice like some green coloring on my eyelid. its kinda wierd cause its like the 4 day its been in and now its showing up.

spincr4hire
12-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ScrnNmsSUCK
I got it done saturday and barely noticed some swelling but 2day i notice like some green coloring on my eyelid. its kinda wierd cause its like the 4 day its been in and now its showing up.

sounds like gonorrhea

k2-dawg
12-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
sounds like gonorrhea

Guy400
12-24-2003, 12:35 PM
If you never get it done you never have to worry about swelling, rejection and infection. On top of that you can get a decent job;)

TheX1992
12-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
If you never get it done you never have to worry about swelling, rejection and infection. On top of that you can get a decent job;)

unless you have a really nice job lined up where they dont care....first impression is everything. i use to have my ears stretched to 5/8". they do not grow back. i walk in dressed nice, cleanly shaven, the whole gig, but when they see that i have huge holes in my ears, you can just kiss that job goodbye. theres nothing that i regret more than doing that shat.

12-24-2003, 01:17 PM
sounds like gonorrhea \

lmao:p I will not put any piercings on my face, i pierced my ear last year before school but i only had it in for about a month.

Atreyu
12-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Either that or he's 16 and doesen't need a decent job to support anyone buy himself...no place around here cares about piercings.

cals400ex
12-24-2003, 11:38 PM
sounds like gonorrhea

i thought it was neisseria meningitidis that cause more of the color problems. i know it can cause your toes and fingers to become a greenish color. however, neisseria gonorrhoeae can cause problems with your eyes at birth. the meningitidis is can be transmitted from coughing or sneezing and can lead to stiff neck, feve, skin rash, etc. gonorrhoeae will have more symptoms in males than females. the males will have more pain so it may hurt like he@@ when you go to the bathroom. there is also more drug resistance with gon. however, penicillin may work. hope your problem goes away. :D

batgeek
12-24-2003, 11:47 PM
black and blue = bruising or a fuct up pierce. especially if it shows up a couple of days after the pierce. you are most likely still bleeding under the pierce area.

it is also probably infected. swelling should have gone down after the first day.

never let anyone tell you you can't get a good job pierced and tattooed. it happens, i'm an example. anyways, i wouldn't want to work for anyone that would hire me for who i am and what i look like. my schooling and job qualifications speak for themselves.

JOEX
12-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Sometimes when I scratch my scrotum I get a swelling. What should I do?

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JOEX

scratch easier and be gentle. :p

ScrnNmsSUCK
12-25-2003, 12:02 AM
it went down alot through the day u can barely see it 2night. Its kind of wierd it showed up just today.

JOEX
12-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
scratch easier and be gentle. :p
MMMMMmmmmm............

batgeek
12-25-2003, 12:05 AM

shave it and coat it in Vasaline :eek2:

Guy400
12-25-2003, 05:59 AM
Sometimes when I scratch my scrotum I get a swelling. What should I do? Gold Bond medicated powder :confused:

Guy400
12-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
never let anyone tell you you can't get a good job pierced and tattooed. it happens, i'm an example. anyways, i wouldn't want to work for anyone that would hire me for who i am and what i look like. my schooling and job qualifications speak for themselves. I've got a lot of friends with piercings and tattoos and I'm not saying they're not good people. However, this seriously impacts their ability to get a good job. Of course their are people with piercings and tattoos with good jobs but are they the exception or the rule? I can guarantee that any job fair a college graduate goes to there will not be companies there seeking employees with facial piercings or tattoos up their neck and down their arms. There might be some good jobs in areas such as programming, tech support, etc. where you're not in front of the public but how many Fortune500 companies do you know of where the board, the CEO or any employee that's in front of customers on a daily basis have facial piercings or tattoos. Again, not saying you're driving the final nail into your coffin if you get piercings or tats but you are seriously putting yourself behind the 8 ball right from the beginning.

popo
12-25-2003, 06:25 AM

That's a sign of small ballz. :D

LTandRaptorider
12-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I've got a lot of friends with piercings and tattoos and I'm not saying they're not good people. However, this seriously impacts their ability to get a good job. Of course their are people with piercings and tattoos with good jobs but are they the exception or the rule? I can guarantee that any job fair a college graduate goes to there will not be companies there seeking employees with facial piercings or tattoos up their neck and down their arms. There might be some good jobs in areas such as programming, tech support, etc. where you're not in front of the public but how many Fortune500 companies do you know of where the board, the CEO or any employee that's in front of customers on a daily basis have facial piercings or tattoos. Again, not saying you're driving the final nail into your coffin if you get piercings or tats but you are seriously putting yourself behind the 8 ball right from the beginning.

Absolutely right. A hiring manager doesn't know what you're like, or what you can do, so first impressions are most important at an interview. I went to an interview dressed in a suit, which is my norm. The guy ahead of me walked out, he looked like he just walked in from the beach. Shorts, hawaiin shirt, flip flops and sun glasses hanging from croakies... I sh*t you not. when I walked in, the managers were still laughing. Guess who got the job? ;) Yes it's possible to get a job with piercings and tatoos, but like Guy said, no sense starting out at a disadvantage...

JOEX
12-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by popo
That's a sign of small ballz. :D
Does that come from first hand experience?:devil: :D

cals400ex
12-25-2003, 11:35 PM
Does that come from first hand experience?:devil: :D

you got a good point!