PDA

View Full Version : lights

fmf400ex03
12-23-2003, 08:08 PM
im looking for a ultra bright lite for the head lights on my 400 and i was woulndering what would work for it????? and i was woundering if they made a clear tail lite rather than the red and were could i get 1???

440C12
12-24-2003, 01:24 AM
I have a set of HID Xenon headlamp kit that I installed in my stock 400ex headlamp. They are the brightest and newest technology in the market right now. They only require 35watts to operate. The xenon bulbs run alot cooler and brighter than halogen bulbs. I ride at night in the dunes and they work great. If you are not familiar with what HID Xenon systems are. They are basically the same lighting technology that Mercedes, Porsche, Lincoln, and Lexus are using for their high cars. You'll know what I'm talking about when you almost get blind when one of these cars are driving behind you or coming head on. They have a blue tint to their color. The kits cost about $450, you can buy a 1/2 kit for one head lamp for 1/2 the price. I decided to do both lamps cause I feel that you can never have too much lighting. Let me know if you need more info. email vinceau911@hotmail.com

RIDER11X
12-24-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by 440C12
I have a set of HID Xenon headlamp kit that I installed in my stock 400ex headlamp. They are the brightest and newest technology in the market right now. They only require 35watts to operate. The xenon bulbs run alot cooler and brighter than halogen bulbs. I ride at night in the dunes and they work great. If you are not familiar with what HID Xenon systems are. They are basically the same lighting technology that Mercedes, Porsche, Lincoln, and Lexus are using for their high cars. You'll know what I'm talking about when you almost get blind when one of these cars are driving behind you or coming head on. They have a blue tint to their color. The kits cost about $450, you can buy a 1/2 kit for one head lamp for 1/2 the price. I decided to do both lamps cause I feel that you can never have too much lighting. Let me know if you need more info. email vinceau911@hotmail.com
$450?:eek2: You can install BAJA light systems for that! WOW!:eek:

440C12
12-24-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
$450?:eek2: You can install BAJA light systems for that! WOW!:eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Baja lights still uses halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs run at 55 watts and gets extremely hot which will melt your housings. But if $450 is too much $$, you can purchase a 1/2 kit for just one light $225. Even with one light on it's really bright. There is nothing out there that is brighter and runs cooler than a Xenon system. Check Lightforce website

http://www.lightforce.net.au/images/APRIL03INTERNATIONALDRIVING.pdf

They quote "HID generates 3 times as much as the brightest halogen bulb with an incredible low draw of 2.92 amp which is equivalent to 35watts."

RIDER11X
12-24-2003, 02:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, Baja lights still uses halogen bulbs. Halogen bulbs run at 55 watts and gets extremely hot which will melt your housings. But if $450 is too much $$, you can purchase a 1/2 kit for just one light $225. Even with one light on it's really bright. There is nothing out there that is brighter and runs cooler than a Xenon system.
http://www.rickystator.com/media/BAJA.GIF

$230:cool:

440C12
12-24-2003, 02:43 AM
Don't really like those 2 big lights in front of the quad. My HID kit is installed into the factory head lamp housings. With one headlamp on it would still be brighter than the 2 baja lights combined.

RIDER11X
12-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Don't really like those 2 big lights in front of the quad. My HID kit is installed into the factory head lamp housings. With one headlamp on it would still be brighter than the 2 baja lights combined.
Really? What all comes in the kit with those? Does it swap out the reflectors, or the light socket or what? Sounds great, despite the price.:eek:

fmf400ex03
12-24-2003, 11:20 AM
alr ight is therer 1 i could et from like autozone or somethin not to expensive cuz 450 id never use them afraid they brake or some thin some thin and thats a lot out the door bright and not to hot thanx

440C12
12-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Each Xenon bulb comes with a wire harness/relay, and a ballast. The xenon bulbs are direct replacement of the factory bulbs. All you have to do is plug the xenon bulb's harness into the ballast (small square box). The factory positive wire (the wire that gets power when the headlight swith is turn on) is connected to the ballast and the last thing you have to do is run a 14ga power direct from the battery to the HID relay. The kit is expensive but it's the only thing that will save your ***** when you're doing 60mph in the desert at night and being able to see a drop, wash or big boulder to know to stop. Remember that a half kit is only $225. The kits comes with a 1 year warranty on the ballast and 6 months on the bulb. I'm in the works to get the price of these kits down but I'll hate to get lower quality components just to get the price down cause offroad racing puts a beating on electrical components. The ballast that I'm using are manufactured by Hella which are Original Equipment for Porsche, Audi, BMW and Lexus. If you guys can give me some feedback on what is a affordable price range I'll appreciate your input and hopefully I can get this technology into the ATV industry for everyone to enjoy. I'll get pics as soon as I get my quad ruuning again. Look what people are selling just the xenon bulbs for!!! $249!!!!! JUST FOR BULBS!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36476&item=2448883066

465EX
Yoshimura Titanium Exhaust, Dual Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, Rev Box, 440cc JE 12:01, Sparks Race Cam, Carillo Rod, Trinity Stroked Crank, Trinity Pro Porting, Keihin FCR 39, Works Triple Front Shocks, JD +2 A-Arms, D. Jones Revalved Rear Shock, AC Front Bumper, Skid Plate, Swing Arm Plate, Pro-Tapers, Twist Throttle, ITP Hole Shots, Custom Scallop Beadlocks on .190 wheels. etc. too much to list.

InsAyneROostin
12-24-2003, 11:54 PM
hey fmf400ex03, try this site out for lights and accessories. great products and nice prices. I've got a set of their accessory lights on my 400EX and they work great for night riding. Peace!:D www.atveffects.com