PDA

View Full Version : Stability Issue

FASTKFX
12-23-2003, 02:46 PM
What's up everyone,
I got in a wreck a couple months ago on my kfx(I know it's and ex site but figured you guys could help :) ) and just now able to have the funds to fix it...had to replace the right front spindle, handle bars, both right side wheels and the rear axle...nothing on the front end other than the spindle seemed to be bent. The rear axle is a eliminator 2+2 axle I have it set to 2" right now...my problem is when I ride on pavement(have to in order to get to the track and trails) it is really unstable and twitchy under throttle, steering is really light and unresponsive...the only thing I can think of is the rear track being wider than the front causing it to do that...is there anything I can do to correct it with out replacing the a arms? I.E. offset wheels, spacers or alignment adjustments? The reason I am shying away from a arms is the cost and also having to replace shocks and other front end components is what I am told...any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

hondarider2006
12-23-2003, 03:34 PM
if it only handles like that on the pavement, I wouldn't worry about it, unless it handles the same on the track....and Yes you can get front end wheel spacers. Give C&D racing a call:)

remlapr
12-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Sounds to me like there is still something going on in the front end that isn't right. I would check your tie rods, steering stem, toe-in adjustment, or maybe even your frame. The Z/KFX's frames are known to bend right between the lower a-arm mounts.

Guy400
12-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Also check the upper a-arm where the top balljoint is. Suzuki just butt-welded flat stock to the a-arm loop and has always looked very weak. If you hit something hard enough to ruin your front spindle than it would be a safe bet that something else in your front end is jacked (i.e. camber/castor).