PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Maint.tip

Gillbilly
12-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Looking for cheap fixes or maybe something you always carry when on the trail.I always have zip ties and a few med hose clamps.I also check my throttle cable often it my give you a slight edge also give a quick look at stops for any probs Ihave seen many guys come in with low tires or branches hangin they had no idea.Sometime these little thngs can save ya from a major drain on your funds.

250EXking
12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
i usually carry an extra spark plug and a tire plug kit on me when i go on big trips. just in case something goes wrong, you wont have to ruin the whole trip. if you get in water alot check your airbox once in a while and keep it dry.:)

quadrider400
12-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Note sure if you mean on your person or have at camp.... at camp I have spare tie rods, steering Knuckles, brake disks, pads. clutch and throttle cables, JB weld :eek2: spark plugs, wire, oil filters, oil, compressed air, and most anything anyone riding with me needs....:cool:
On the trail I carry a tow strap.... either pull me to camp or I'll pull you there....:D

Would much rather work with cover, lights and a beer........:devil:

JOEX
12-24-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by quadrider400
Note sure if you mean on your person or have at camp.... at camp I have spare tie rods, steering Knuckles, brake disks, pads. clutch and throttle cables, JB weld :eek2: spark plugs, wire, oil filters, oil, compressed air, and most anything anyone riding with me needs....:cool:
On the trail I carry a tow strap.... either pull me to camp or I'll pull you there....:D

Would much rather work with cover, lights and a beer........:devil:
I wanna camp with you!:D

Joe

stupid driver
12-24-2003, 01:58 PM
make sure you got gas w/ ya too. Its a no brainer but still is fairly easy to overlook.

Rip_Tear
12-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Just get stuff from the people you are riding with :p JK But I never ride that far from home so I dont carry that much...

coryatver
12-26-2003, 12:08 AM
I have seen those tire plug kits that come with a pump that uses a CO2 cartarige that looks like it could be useful for long rides just in case.

zfire_28
12-26-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
I have seen those tire plug kits that come with a pump that uses a CO2 cartarige that looks like it could be useful for long rides just in case.

those things rule.......saved my ***** on the trail once.

Gillbilly
12-26-2003, 08:05 AM
I hear ya quadrider its always alot better to work when theres a beer in one hand and atleast a tarp over your head.Been caught way many times with none of the above,count me in for wantin to ride with ya too sounds like yur ready for about anything.Ive seen those pumps with the co2 could have put one to use a few times,always amazes me though how far I can get on aflat front if I sit way back just dont handle the same.L8R

4TraxRider
12-26-2003, 10:35 PM
One thing I always do is slip a 10$ bill under my crossbar pad cover. Saved me a few times for tows back to camp and the occasoinal gas station when in need. Also, the crossbar pad foam is a great place to keep a spare spark plug. I take a razor blade and hollow out the foam into the shape of a spark plug, put the plug in it, and put the cover back on and then you have a spark plug holder, or for keys or anything. (only works with aftermarket bars with corssbars.)

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Gillbilly
.........Ive seen those pumps with the co2 could have put one to use a few times,always amazes me though how far I can get on aflat front if I sit way back just dont handle the same.L8R
Been there!:blah: The co2 doesn't do much good with a broken bead though:p

Joe

JOEX
12-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
One thing I always do is slip a 10$ bill under my crossbar pad cover. Saved me a few times for tows back to camp and the occasoinal gas station when in need. Also, the crossbar pad foam is a great place to keep a spare spark plug. I take a razor blade and hollow out the foam into the shape of a spark plug, put the plug in it, and put the cover back on and then you have a spark plug holder, or for keys or anything. (only works with aftermarket bars with corssbars.)
Now there's a unique idea;) :)

Joe

toby400ex
12-27-2003, 12:50 AM
edited