PDA

View Full Version : Best Spots in Jersey

xfox250x
02-18-2002, 09:46 AM
What r good riding places in NJ i no "clay mountains" in old bridge and the pit in monroe on spotswood englishtown but wat r other good ones?????

02-18-2002, 10:25 PM
south jersy has it all,
the number one spot in new jersy is gliddens,nuff said
then,couchs pit
then sarco
and forked river
cant help with directions but...

PsychoDave
02-19-2002, 10:23 AM
gliddens is cool but there are too many jerks there!!!! Actually no matter where you are , you are always a stones throw distance from an *****h0L&

02-19-2002, 03:42 PM
very true in my house and as soon as i step out my door,,,the world has one to many

400exRacerX
02-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Jefferson sand pit.

250exmaster
02-19-2002, 08:52 PM
pineberings

02-20-2002, 02:52 PM
can anyone tell me how to get to these places like gliddens and sarcos clay mountain......all the info parking police wardens etc.....

02-20-2002, 02:55 PM
team dunes atv.com has some nice videos of jersey riding...does anyone know that place and how to get there from lets say the turnpike philadelphia end of the
tp.

xfox250x
02-20-2002, 06:40 PM
the clay mountains are in old bridge and its illegal i get there from my woods in monroe but u have to cross a creek but u can park in Duh Hernel witch is across the street from the entrance but i dont think that is that best idea if u have to run from the cops ud have to go out to the cross and back on the trailer and drive away and i dont think ud be able to

250exmaster
02-20-2002, 07:05 PM
since most of u people are from new jersey is anyone interested in a 250ex.

02-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Sarco is a no-no. I got snagged there like 3 months ago.

02-22-2002, 01:47 PM
I don't know how people get busted in SARCO. I ride there almost every weekend. The trick is to know where to park. You don't want to park anywhere stupid, like at the Manchester High School, or off the main driveway to the plant. The best place to park is behind the Toms River Indusrial Park. Just take Northampton (South) off route 37 and park back there. Since the IP is in Toms River, the Manchester cops won't bother you there, and the Toms River cops don't give a **** if you ride in the woods. They have better things to do like eating donuts and drinking coffee.

If you ride the trails and stay away from the main roads (that cops can drive on), you will be fine. Also avoid doing other stupid stuff like launching your jet ski in the lake or parking your camper in plain view overnight. The cops hang around the big lake and the big sand pit by the factory. The rest of the place is wide open for fun and adventure.

You can even get to the wildlife management area from sarco and it is legal to ride there. Just watch out for buckshot during deer season! Sarco is over 75,000 acres, not including the adjoining wildlife management area. There's lot of room to ride without crossing the law. Just use your brain.

See you there!

Ham Sandwich
02-22-2002, 01:56 PM
But Manchester cops go into Dover and bust ya parkin even if it's out of there county cause they are so bored . Did you see the great spraypainting job done by teens? writing "F" the cops and atv's rule.
What a bunch of idiots.

02-22-2002, 10:47 PM
you really shouldnt post directions,thats a bad idea.......and i ended up in that wildlife area,are you sure thats legal,didnt look it

xfox250x
02-23-2002, 05:54 PM
wat place were u tryin ito get to in a wildlife area

02-23-2002, 06:03 PM
I was parked in the industrial park all the way in the one corner by the sidewalk you ride in on. Cops waited by my truck ALLL day. I got back they had a tow truck there. F that place.

Ham Sandwich
02-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by thunder_quad

You can even get to the wildlife management area from sarco and it is legal to ride there.

NO Federal land is 'legal' to ride on in NJ thanks to Whitman. Just cause the wildlife managements signs in the area say only no unregistered vehicles won't get you out of a ticket or impound. DMV laws say we can ride if we register our quads but the eco nazi's laws override them. I know 2 guys who didn't run, where registered and insured and a park ranger still gave them tickets. I've never gotten caught back there but did have 3 close calls.

Since the IP is in Toms River, the Manchester cops won't bother you there.

They have a letter of agreement between both counties, Manchester loves to park on the first left off NH on nice weekend days and just wait. Also bro not to bright if you like to ride there posting directions for the entire planet to see.

02-24-2002, 10:35 PM
i have was told today that behind the warehouse was good,well anyway.i dont park anywhere near n.h...
and the cops will wait all day just to give you tickets.thank god i have the best parking there...and soon as springs here even more cops watch

02-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Yeah, the wildlife management area adjacent to sarco is legal. By state law you have to have your atv registered and insured to be completely legal. I have seen game wardens back there lots of times and they even get off to the side of the trail to let us cruz by, but they have never stopped and asked us for paperwork. I think they are more concerned with what people are shootin than what people are ridin.

Ham Sandwich
02-25-2002, 03:09 PM
well thunder you must have the wonder woman option on your quad "invisible" cause the only peeps that don't care about you riding are the brush trucks used back there for firefighting. The wardens WILL give you a ticket it is ILLEGAL to ride there as is every state park in NJ. Someones blowin smoke up your a$s saying its legal to ride out there

beerock
02-25-2002, 03:30 PM
we park at a friends house who is on gliddens property.

:D

when we ride at sarco we take the trails from my friends house :D in toms river.

Ive seen cops in sarco and laugh!

how the **** can you get caught?

couches pit in mv is a no no, they have cops on quads out there, I got ticketed in there, but they didnt impound us.

ham sandwhich I missed ya where ya been?

I got something for your banshee friends....soon!!!

Ham Sandwich
02-25-2002, 05:30 PM
How fast can you run when they wait by your truck?
that's the only way 99% will get caught.
I rode Gliddens this weekend was pretty quite

The shees are getting hooked up as we speak...alkie?/details to follow....

xfox250x
02-26-2002, 05:42 PM
ne one in monore theres a bridge on tyndale to clay mountains no mans land w/e u wanna call em but ne one wanna no just ask

02-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Wow I keep checking this thread to see where the cops are gonna be next weekend LOL

I am just hoping no one posts directions to any of my better riding spots

And y not just bring the truck right into Sarcos anyhow. that way it wont matter where you park.:)