PDA

View Full Version : XC races on Jan 11th?

cdalejef
12-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Anyone know of any XC races going on in WV, southwestern PA or mid to southern OH on January 11th? We will be in Morgantown WV on the 10th for the GNCC banquet and we would like to race somewere sunday on the way back.

Giff
12-22-2003, 06:51 PM
From my personal expirence their arent many people driving home on Sunday that isnt hung over....... I cant wait..

cdalejef
12-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Giff
From my personal expirence their arent many people driving home on Sunday that isnt hung over....... I cant wait.. I won't be one of them!

rowlrag
12-22-2003, 06:59 PM
I've never seen a promoter give a breathalyzer:confused:

Pappy
12-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
I've never seen a promoter give a breathalyzer:confused:

jeff isnt taking chances

Extremeracer167
12-23-2003, 09:12 AM
there arent any races in this area as far as i know. Sunday was the last race at Switchback, and usually there arent any others after that. Ill let you know if i hear of any.

Doibugu2
12-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Anyone know of any XC races going on in WV, southwestern PA or mid to southern OH on January 11th? We will be in Morgantown WV on the 10th for the GNCC banquet and we would like to race somewere sunday on the way back.

Your a freak. What's the longest you've went without racing?

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Your a freak. What's the longest you've went without racing? LOL.....not very long!

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Hey Stoess, How ya been. Congrats on the ATK deal. Just got my new yfz last week and started some testing. No more honda, what is the world coming to. Will be at next couple of MSWS.

Question, I was thinking about running GNCC stock class, I have a baby girl on the way and and I can not afford to upgrade the z like my ex, but after looking at the stock class rules it looks like you can change front shocks? I thought since you sleep with the rule book under your pillow you might have some insight on this:D

Extremeracer167
12-23-2003, 03:03 PM
as far as i know you can change the front shocks, but u cant add more travel, and you cant add resevoirs if your quad doesnt not come stock with them. So basically you could still run works or something along those lines. But with the 450 all of the elka shocks and custom axis shocks add travel. So you wouldnt be able to go with either of them. atleast that was the rule lastyear:confused:

Extremeracer167
12-23-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Your a freak. What's the longest you've went without racing?

thats why the old man is so dang fast:eek2: :blah:

justdirt
12-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Hey Stoess, How ya been. Congrats on the ATK deal. Just got my new yfz last week and started some testing. No more honda, what is the world coming to. Will be at next couple of MSWS.

Question, I was thinking about running GNCC stock class, I have a baby girl on the way and and I can not afford to upgrade the z like my ex, but after looking at the stock class rules it looks like you can change front shocks? I thought since you sleep with the rule book under your pillow you might have some insight on t
his:D

i race stock class, you can change front shocks as long as they do not add travel or have rezzies. you can not have any motor work, must have stock pipe, and stock rear shock. just go to gncc racing it is under machine eligibility and classification, rule #3, it is not very clear however and you could read a lot into it. also RP can change the rules any time they want including the middle of season.

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 04:17 PM
Ya that young punk Extreme is right, you can add shocks but the can't add travel.

MooseRacing
12-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Too bad Tomahawk is too far out of your way home or I would invite you over for a session!!

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Whats that?

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Sorry to keep changing topic, But can you have the stock shocks revalved and tweeked by someone like The Quadshop or DeRisi Racing?

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 06:13 PM
You sure can!

MooseRacing
12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Whats that?

We have got a nice little playground at Tomahawk MX park in Hedgesville, WV and we will probably be doing a little riding that weekend.

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Thats legal? Cool I think DeRisi is revalving the fronts for about 5bills, Do you care to tell me or pm what the Quadshop can do and estimate of price.

Thanks Papa Fro!

cdalejef
12-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by MooseRacing
We have got a nice little playground at Tomahawk MX park in Hedgesville, WV and we will probably be doing a little riding that weekend. You going to the banquet Moose?

MooseRacing
12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
No I will be attending the NEMA banquet Sat Morning the 10th in Boston.

Wingnut
12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
I asked the same thing about the stock class a few days ago, and here is the response I got.

"We may need to fine tune the stock rules. The reason for allowing front shock changes isn't for peformance, it's because stock hydraulic shocks on most ATVs are toast after just a few races. And they're expensive to replace. So a guy with a 400EX could but Works steelers without reseviors and at least have a set of inexpensive shocks that would last all season.

Now we have ATVs (finally) equipped with quality front shocks that are rebuildable. So we will have to tweak the rules, because revavling and such improves performance, which is not the point. We're also trying to keep the stockers stock, which would mean all the baffles stay in place.

A lot of this will come down at our banquet in January. We'll ask the riders on Sunday what they think we should do.

Thanks,

-jason

Jason Weigandt
Public Relations
Racer Productions Inc.
166 Harner Run
Morgantown, WV 26508
304-284-0084
fax: 304-284-0081"

I think they need some definate rules before the banquet. After getting home from the banquet there will only be 2 and a half weeks before we're off to Texas!

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks Bro, I guess i better keep that baffle:confused:

Wingnut I rode with your buddy Zingnut sunday and roosted all over his lil'ol 400.

I thought the stock class rules would be changing, I wonder how many people will tweek the shocks and not tell, How will the check that?

Seems to me like the stock guys are getting as much sponsorship as the A riders. I remeber only knowing the Howell boys by the Denim and Work boots, and now look at them, granted they fast as all get out.

Wingnut
12-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Thanks Bro, I guess i better keep that baffle:confused:

Wingnut I rode with your buddy Zingnut sunday and roosted all over his lil'ol 400.

I thought the stock class rules would be changing, I wonder how many people will tweek the shocks and not tell, How will the check that?

Seems to me like the stock guys are getting as much sponsorship as the A riders. I remeber only knowing the Howell boys by the Denim and Work boots, and now look at them, granted they fast as all get out.

Actually, I have no clue who he is. We just have similar names.:p

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Yea, I know, he is a friend of mine. He is a hell of a rider if he would just not think of his quad like a exotic one of a kind auto, he tries not to scuff it.

You aint ridin xc unless you come back with a little bark!:devil:

holeshot19
12-23-2003, 06:54 PM
woo hoo those bikes dont seem so stock do they, i rember when those canadale blazes came out they were not allowed in the stock class:grr:

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Ya, I know how the rules can change overnight. Jason Williams usd to be a real competitor in the 4stroke A class a couple of years ago. He made a return this year on a yamaha in the stock class, rumor was they changed the rules that day he signed up.

I am all for it. I would even like to see a Stock A and B class seperation. That would be cool. I know some of those guys don't stand a chance against experienced riders like Williams and others.

Hey you know ol Tommy Harris by chance.

holeshot19
12-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey you know ol Tommy Harris by chance. [/B][/QUOTE]i talked to him at the last mideast race at the first of the year he was rideing a loner polaris pereter but hasnt really goting back in to the grove sence he got off his 400ex:blah:

BUCK442
12-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Last time I raced with Tommy I broke his frame. He flipped in front of me and Foutch and his quad landed on it's side between two trees I could'nt stop and me and Foutch both plowed into it. oooppps! I take that back, I raced with him at SC when he was on the c-dale. Then I seen him this year down there sporting the BUSCH Light sponsorship, he said he mangled his insides some how. If you talk to him tell him Buck and Foutch said hey, and get him racing again!

rowlrag
12-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Soooooo, anybody know of a race around there?