PDA

View Full Version : Loony tuned exhaust

chucked
12-22-2003, 04:05 PM
One of my riding buddies wants to get a loony tuned exhaust for his raptor, the dual exhaust one. Ive only heard bad things about them. what do yall think?

Juggalo
12-22-2003, 05:21 PM
well i've never heard anything but good stuff about them. personally i think they look awesome too

EXrider03
12-22-2003, 05:48 PM
if he is a serious rider than i wouldnt suggest one but a show quad all chromed out but no one ever rides, yes it would be sweet!

jay's 300
12-22-2003, 06:00 PM
One of my friends has them on his Predator and he likes them alot! I think they look awesome too!

Atreyu
12-22-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't know about how they compare power-wise, but they look pretty cool. :blah:

Juggalo
12-22-2003, 11:32 PM
their sposed to make real good power and best of all their pretty quiet. i believe they meet the sound requirements of most dune places. think about it tho it makes sense, with the dual pipes the engine can breath better cuz its going thru seperate pipes but they can make it quieter because its already breathing good, if you get what i'm tryin to say.

muff
12-23-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
their sposed to make real good power and best of all their pretty quiet. i believe they meet the sound requirements of most dune places. think about it tho it makes sense, with the dual pipes the engine can breath better cuz its going thru seperate pipes but they can make it quieter because its already breathing good, if you get what i'm tryin to say.

I would have to agree with you on that one

there was a thread or two about it in the powertrain forum...try a search

sickmojave
12-23-2003, 05:46 AM
here is a little info on LTE pipes

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83905&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Dunlap
12-23-2003, 07:18 AM
With the new sound regulations coming soon Iam looking at running the LTE in the GNCC races. They are sending some pipes out this week for testing on are 500z and 470 YFZ.

Chanman420q
12-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
With the new sound regulations coming soon Iam looking at running the LTE in the GNCC races. They are sending some pipes out this week for testing on are 500z and 470 YFZ.

and now that u said that i bet 20+ exriders are gunna buy the LTE:rolleyes:

wilkin250r
12-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap

Originally posted by Chanman420q
and now that u said that i bet 20+ exriders are gunna buy the LTE:rolleyes:

It's amazing. I've been saying all along that dual pipes could potentially give you the same power increase but keep the noise level down, and everybody told me off and that it was a stupid idea. Now that Mickey Dunlap says it, people will take it as gospel :rolleyes:

Doibugu2
12-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's amazing. I've been saying all along that dual pipes could potentially give you the same power increase but keep the noise level down, and everybody told me off and that it was a stupid idea. Now that Mickey Dunlap says it, people will take it as gospel :rolleyes:

We just didn't want to stroke your ego to much.:D We all knew who said it first.

UglyMotha™
12-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

i just tell you off for fun :o it's got nothing to do with your info :blah:

wilkin250r
12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i just tell you off for fun :o it's got nothing to do with your info :blah:

Yeah, but I don't care if YOU tell me off, nobody listens to you anyway :blah: :macho