PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

310Rduner
12-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Anyone else here in Cali feel that one?? I just felt it about 5 mins ago.. like a rolling feeling for a min or two almost. I thought i was just getting a spinning feeling in my head, cause I didn't see any shaking.

News says it was a 6.5 centered on the central coast in San Simion..

CJ400EX
12-22-2003, 12:32 PM
We just had a small one here in Clovis, Ca

310Rduner
12-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I'm up in the bay area, like 3 hours away from the epicenter.

3 aftershocks so far, a 4.7, 4.0, and a 4.4

CJ400EX
12-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Yea, I use to live in Moffet Field, Santa Clara, & SunnyVille..
We are located next to Fresno. So far we only have one.
Those are some pretty good shakes

310Rduner
12-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Reports of structural fire, and power outages so far. My cousins down there have lost power at their house/ and their work and most of the area is out of power.

redrocker
12-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Santa Barbara is rocken and rollen:cool:

Doibugu2
12-22-2003, 01:20 PM
never felt a thing:eek:

Everyone okay?

CHAUNCY
12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I felt it. Wasnt that bad though, nothing fell over or was damaged. I looked over at the Christmas tree and the entire tree was wobbling:p We also lost power for a little bit this morning:confused:

cudaman
12-22-2003, 03:32 PM
i am pretty close to the center of it. it was sick. it was a 6.5 earthquake. about 10,000 peeps lost power. two people died in paso robles. the big clock tower there fell over. there were some other structural damages throught county. some wine barrels fell on someone at a winery. ummm.....some lady in santa maria fell off of a second story mall and died. some lady at a car dealership had a heart attack. hrmmm...what else, a bunch of debry crushed some cars and a bridge in sal luis obispo had some damage and was closed. tahts all i know for now.

and and the best part, i got the rest of the day off paid!!!! :)

Guy400
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
No offense to anyone that lives there but IMO that entire state just needs to break off the continent and sink. If you're an honest, morally correct individual with conservative political views than I ask you move to Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado or Oregon because some of the most screwed up stuff comes out of California.

JOEX
12-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
No offense to anyone that lives there but IMO that entire state just needs to break off the continent and sink. If you're an honest, morally correct individual with conservative political views than I ask you move to Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado or Oregon because some of the most screwed up stuff comes out of California.
:cuss:
Don't be sending them up here!:devil:

CJ400EX
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM
I do not know about all the screwed up stuff comes out of California.
How much do you know about California?
If California goes under water a lot of people will be will out cash crops, milk etc. California is one of the top ag states.

I travel & I have seen a lot of screwed up stuff in every state that I have been in. I would not wish that on any state to fall off into the ocean.

Just like the sierra club you have the right to your opinion

Pappy
12-22-2003, 05:03 PM
if it werent for well tanned big titty women on the beach id have no use for the west coast:p :eek: ;)

CJ400EX
12-22-2003, 05:13 PM
We do not fall short in that area?

400grl
12-22-2003, 05:37 PM
I was in the big 1989 earthquake in San Fransisco......one of the scariest 3 minutes of my life! I really thought I might die......we didn't really have any safe place to go and we were just praying our building wouldn't collapse. Long story - I will spare you all! :)

I'd rather deal with an earthquake than a tornado or hurricane though!!! I don't know how you people live where there are tornadoes all the time - I would never be able to sleep at night! I watched Twister too many times!

Pappy
12-22-2003, 05:39 PM
i never thought a tornado would affect me until one destroyed 27 houses across the street from me:(

we had a very mild earthquake in maryland a few years ago. was enough for me.

ridesa02400EX
12-22-2003, 05:40 PM
hey california has one of the best economys in the world oh and i didnt feel it and if california sunk there would be no more playboy mansion

LTandRaptorider
12-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I was in the big 1989 earthquake in San Fransisco......one of the scariest 3 minutes of my life! I really thought I might die......we didn't really have any safe place to go and we were just praying our building wouldn't collapse. Long story - I will spare you all! :)

I'd rather deal with an earthquake than a tornado or hurricane though!!! I don't know how you people live where there are tornadoes all the time - I would never be able to sleep at night! I watched Twister too many times!

Well... at least with a tornado, I at least have a slight chance of getting blown... :eek2:

Glad you came out of that quake ok, Corry. That would be scary chit! I guess we all just get used to the potential hazards we may face where we live.

Dune Surfer
12-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Guy400

Lets see , the sixth largest economy in the world, Best looking women, beaches, Glamis, Sunny everyday. People are tan and happy. Have you even been to Cali.? Didn't think so. Don't be so close minded and put down where other people live. Ohio, right

JUSTINcredible
12-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

ive came to close for comfort 2 times with tornadoes, one back in 95 when we lived in a diffrent town, that was an F3 and we had very little damage but just 2 houses away next to everything was gone and then this last summer and F2 passed about 1/8 of a mile north of our house but not before almost completly destroying another town.

but yea with a tornado atleast u know its coming and can take the right precautions and chances are that u will come out ok, with an earthquake its just there, I think i would be a little sally if a big quake came rumbling through:p :huh

JOEX
12-22-2003, 10:03 PM
I guess Californians are sensitive folk too:p :D

I took Guy's post as a joke, hope no one was offended by my post.

If you come up here remember we don't tan, we rust:p

Joe

JTRtrx250r
12-23-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by JOEX

If you come up here remember we don't tan, we rust:p

Joe LOL..isn't that the truth:D When I was in California, these ppl asked where we were from, we told them and they asked "Are you a webfoot or a mossback":huh :grr: :cuss:

Guy400
12-23-2003, 04:38 AM
My post was a joke. I don't want any state leaving the U.S.