PDA

View Full Version : Foxrage

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 06:10 AM
i boought a tag bumper from foxrage http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82226
he had package the bumper so poorly that it had moved around in the box, puncturing 2 holes in it from the mounts of the bumper
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pd696326f43f4af41d47736f027a512e0/fa463135.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pa8acb4e8c67e22be3ba67adc9a09d05b/fa463137.jpg

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:23 AM
the bumper was described as "used for 2 rides maybe a slight scratch here or there". the bumper actually has quite a few scratches and a couple deep gouges. i even caught my shirt on one of them.

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:27 AM
another

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
one more

12-22-2003, 11:31 AM
cry me a river.... :rolleyes: did you need the box in perfect condition...its just a box..jeez

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:32 AM
at this point i was dissapointed, but not enough so to ship it back, most of the marks covered up decent with some black magic marker. i pm'ed him and told him about it, and i would keep the bumper, but i wasnt happy.

i then tried to mount it.....one if not both of the bottom mounts dont line up. i tried to force it, and cross threaded the hole in my frame

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:34 AM
poor lighting

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:41 AM
after looking at the thing further i noticed that the front is not straight either. its a little hard to see, but i used a pen for a reference height. the pen touched the bumper on one side, and has a big gap on the otherhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/pad718629755470c6e79dfc0c62f9a400/fa3af5a7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/pb1c1e8e1a994bd91ce0aa8b236549a04/fa3af5a8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/p89e4487969f3c0cc90d10bded8ccb7a0/fa3af5ad.jpg

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 11:48 AM
so, over all i am very un-happy with Foxrage. i have pm'ed him about getting a refund, and he says he doesnt have the money. he also says that he told me the mounts were not right. i have kept all of my emails and pm's about this transaction and i was never told in any way that it was bent. for the money spent i felt i was getting a pretty new(2 rides) bumper, otherwise, who would spend $100 on a bent/scratched bumper, when they could get a new AC or some other brand for less.

Lil - Braff
12-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Maybe it's just the table? lol j/p

Pappy
12-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
Maybe it's just the table? lol j/p

lol...table is prolly fine. but i have seen more tweaked NEW bumpers then that. damn near every bumper ive had or installed wasnt a good fit (ac...prm...tag) ive been told its just the way it is when it comes to aluminum. (that sucks but ive seen a chit load of them in that shape NEW)

as far as the box. i ship bumbers all the time and i just put them in a box. id suspect that the part time help at UPS maybe the culprit. im holding off shipping anything thru them till after x-mas.

just a few suggestions and observations and i do hope it all works out for you:)

popo
12-22-2003, 12:50 PM
A $100.00 bumper at least he could have put a $2.00 worth of bubble wrap or shipping peanuts to keep it from bouncing around in the box.

PHIL_B54
12-22-2003, 03:22 PM
i was not aware that bumpers did not fit well "new"...thank you

Originally posted by popo
A $100.00 bumper at least he could have put a $2.00 worth of bubble wrap or shipping peanuts to keep it from bouncing around in the box.

exactly, if you read ups's requirements, the package must be able to take a 6' drop. if ups damages it, it is the wrapper's fault.

im not trying to make him sound like satan:devil: or anything..i just get tired of people leaving bad feedback on someone and not explaining what the deal is.

AtvMxRider
12-22-2003, 03:46 PM
It took some work to get my AC bumper to fit. None of the holes lined up. But why in the hell would you pay $100 for a used bumper when they are no where near that much?

Foxrage
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM
i actually had bubble wrap. but from the way the bumper fit in the box it didnt seem it was nessisary. That is the same box i recieved it in and there was no wrap around it what so ever. So i figured if it got to me fine without it it should be fine shipping it there. I onle had it on for 2 good rides and a couple around the yard. It was never wrecked with or any damage done to it. The scratches that were on it was where it rubbed on the trailer. It still looked brand new to me. Like everyone else bumpers come that way strait from the factory. i had trouble getting it on too but im used MY BRAIN and a friend and i carefully used a 2x4 to get the bolts in. Once it was all the way on It looked fine. About the 1/4 inch off im tuely sorry i didnt inspect it on my table but when i got it on my 400 it looked perfectly fine. I dont know why some one is being so picky i mean if you ask me the little bit off would not bother me or ne one else for that matter. For you stripping your hole out is your problem are you going to make me pay for a new frame too? Thanks

The bumper fit nice and snug in the box there was no movement for it to go anywhere. I cant see how the 2 holes got there. unless it was ups fault.

darrell43031
12-22-2003, 05:12 PM
as far as the bumper goes i can verify(sp.) that that bumper was never wrecked cause i went on the 2 rides with him. and the scratches on the bumper is my fault cause i'm the one who loaded the bike and straped it down. plus i was one of the friends who helped him put the bumper on and that was the closest(sp.) i have ever come to almost beating a quad with a sledge hammer!! but if you have some friends to help pry on it. it will go on. and tap out your stripped bolt and it'll be good as new

PHIL_B54
12-23-2003, 06:51 AM
as i said, i was not aware that bumpers would not fit well brand new, so for making a big deal about that i apologize.

for the scratches..i go out of my way to strap stuff down where it wont rub on stuff, or but a rag between things that touch so they dont mark or scratch eachother. i do tend to forget that everyone does not do the same. i was not going to make a big deal about the scratches alone. they cover pretty well with marker, and from more than a couple feet away you cannot see them.
everything together made me upset enough to explain it in this thread. i read some of the feedback and see...some guy wont give me my stuff, or he wont pay me for something. in these you very seldom see a real explaination or reasoning behind what was said. and i did just that, i gave reasons, and an explaination behind my complaint. in doing so, i have come to find that bumpers always fit like that normally.

so again i apologize for makeing a big deal out of the transaction. i do believe that it was packaged poorly, and that there are more than light scratches, but i am willing to live with that.

seatec
12-23-2003, 07:19 AM
i thik the reason why none of this aluminum stuff fits right is the way it gets welded. i think your suppose to tag weld everything on both sides of the pipe so when it cools with the full weld it wont pull it askew.

Foxrage
12-23-2003, 11:31 AM
I am truely sorry about the packaging. I figured it would be fine the way it was because thats the way i received it. about the scratches im sorry i dont know what i was thinking i rember it happen i just forgot about them. Thanks

416exmx
12-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54

exactly, if you read ups's requirements, the package must be able to take a 6' drop. if ups damages it, it is the wrapper's fault.

im not trying to make him sound like satan:devil: or anything..i just get tired of people leaving bad feedback on someone and not explaining what the deal is.

so when i ship a motor, they drop it 6'???? BETTER NOT. i have had many items shipped to me in pretty ratty boxes. ups does get rough with stuff and that is how the hole got there i would guess. I dont know if i would have padded the bumper with bubble wrap, and all that stuff. just wad a few newspapers up and stuff it all in the box. it is not like he was shipping prescious china glass or anything I also have never had a new bupmer that bolted right up perfect.