PDA

View Full Version : 300ex won't start...

hondarider2006
12-21-2003, 08:40 PM
well here is my friends problem...about 4 months ago, my friend was riding his 300, and he hit a pole. Bent the axle...front rim...Anyways he rode it home, and parked it. Pretty much just left it sit there until today, we deicded to bring it over to my house, and stick it in my shop. We put the battery charger on it, let everything warm up for over an hour and tried to get it running. After trying the choke...no choke and reserve, nothing would work. We checked and made sure that there was spark, and there was. We also sprayed a little starting fluid down into the cylinder, put the plug back in, and tried to start it. It wouldn't even fire. Can anyone point us in the right direction as to what would be wrong? Thanks in advance -Nick-

cals400ex
12-21-2003, 08:55 PM
i would first drain the tank and carb and refill up on new fuel. i would also change the plug. if you are having problems getting it started, i would pull it behind another bike and that should get it to fire up.

hondarider2006
12-21-2003, 09:11 PM
we'll try that after he gets his new durablue axel and tires:D

ReconRider25
12-22-2003, 10:30 AM
spray the starting fluid into the intake on the carb. i have to do that with my old 4wheeler when its been sitting a while and it starts right up.

mikeman828
12-22-2003, 01:45 PM
If it's not doing anything... not even turning over one thing you might want to try is to remove the battery ground from the frame and scrape off any corrosion/rust, then re-attach it.

I had a simialr problem w/my 300ex , ended up taking it to a dealer and that's what they found........ might want to try it.

:D

hondarider2006
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
it turns over, but it just won't fire. We are gonna get a new plug and some new gas and go from there:D