PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks Rebuild (quadshop?)

countypark
12-21-2003, 08:29 PM
I have a set of WORKS triple rate piggy back rez's ( big finned gold ones) they are only preload adjustable.

Does any one have any suggestions for getting them freshened up. I'd like to have the valving checked for cross country racing as well as up the springs about 25lbs.

Jeff at the QuadShop, How much? pm me

12-21-2003, 10:27 PM
www.derisiracing.com he can do the pro millenium kit (a kit I have heard that mskes them alot better), im having him do my rear shock pretty soon....

cdalejef
12-22-2003, 06:56 AM
Are you wanting an SSD conversion done?

countypark
12-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Jeff, I am just looking to have the shocks freshened up. I am not convinced that the SSD is for me. My racing partner for the BUCCS series has SSD Elka's on his 400 and I didn't really like them. THey seem like they let metal hit metal when they extend fully.

300exOH
12-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Is it possible to do a SSD conversion on a works shock?

I hear derisi racing does a nice job;)

fmf400ex
12-22-2003, 03:31 PM
You can have ssd or zps added to any aftermarket shocks. By changing the springs or adding a softer spring to the top and valving. Anybody correct me if i am wrong.

cdalejef
12-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by countypark
Jeff, I am just looking to have the shocks freshened up. I am not convinced that the SSD is for me. My racing partner for the BUCCS series has SSD Elka's on his 400 and I didn't really like them. THey seem like they let metal hit metal when they extend fully. Sounds like your friend has some problems with his shocks. They shouldn't make a noise at all. SSD is the best setup you can add to shocks! Thats why you see almost all serious racers running them in all kinds of racing.
Give me a call tomorrow, I have some questions for you so I can get you a price on freshening them up.

300exOH....Yes, we can convert the Works shocks to SSD.

yamasaki_125
12-22-2003, 07:53 PM
hey jeff.... how much would it be to get all new springs, and revalve a set of works with remote rezziesand make them into SSD?

cdalejef
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
Give me a call, its hard to price it without finding out more details.